Field Sales Training Manager, Surgical Specialty
Company: Aesculap Inc.
Posted on: February 6, 2019
Responsibilities Position Summary:The Field Sales Training Manager is responsible for partnering with sales leaders and representatives to provide field coaching support on selling skills, technical skills and standard work. The FSTM will evaluate the associate's comprehensive performance in pre-call planning, executing a sales call and post sales call follow up. They will assess both the strengths and weaknesses of the sales specialists skill set and share areas of strength and challenges. The FSTM will strategize with the sales representative and RSD to build a plan to support ongoing growth and development. The FSTM will work closely with Product Management, Marketing teams, Sales Operations and other key stakeholders to update knowledge of the current and future product portfolios, standard work processes, systems requirements and skill development. They will support in developing, delivering and updating Sales Education and product training curriculum for the field sales organization. The FSTM will also conduct assessments of current sales skill needs and assist in identifying future sales training programs. Supports the sales team by providing administrative and organizational assistance. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Works closely with the internally based Sales Training Manager to assist in delivering training in various classes, ie: Sales 101, Advanced Training, product specific and program specific.
- Looks at current coaching processes and prepares appropriate strategy for improvement/implementation where deficiencies are identified.
- Creates detailed action plans and executes to drive results when working with sales leadership to identify and drive sales training needs and gap assessments.
- Uses sound and robust analyses when needed to perform field sales needs assessments and suggests performance improvement measures.
- Supports Company and department vision and purpose by creating and delivering sales coaching support and development of product training courses.
- Monitors coaching effectiveness, reviews feedback and modifies/revises standard work and processes accordingly.
- Develops strategies and new ideas to provide superior coaching sessions.
- Thinks outside the box when working with sales representatives and leaders to provide guidance for development opportunities.
- Ability to influence and position new ideas, initiatives and innovations.
- Champions continuous improvement for sales team by proactively making recommendations for future improvements and implements those actions accordingly.
- Works collaboratively across the business to build partnerships with the marketing, services and sales leadership to provide coaching to support key business needs.
- Motivates and engages teammates by asking for their input and listening to their ideas and is viewed as a team player by peers, co-workers and management.
- Provides input and assists in the development of training content with the STM.
- Performs other duties and specific projects as assigned.
- Conducts market research as needed.
- Must comply with applicable ISO and FDA regulations as stated in Quality Manual
- Must embody the Company's Vision, Mission and Values
- Other duties may be assigned
- Business associated travel is approximately 60%
Secondary or peripheral job functions:
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally by air and car, and work occasional weekends. Must possess a valid government issued drivers license and passport.
- Requires excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Computer skills in Windows, Lotus e-mail, Excel, Power Point and word processing desirable. SAP experience highly desirable.
- This position requires the handling of instruments that may have been contaminated by blood or other bodily fluids. In compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, Aesculap will provide a safe working environment for all employees.
- Mid-Level requires no direct supervision of others however requires extensive coordination of programs utilizing many individuals in other areas. Mid level decision making ability required on training decisions. Maintains communication with direct supervisor(s). Works under minimal supervision.
Expertise: Knowledge & SkillsLanguage Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/EtcTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.Required:
- Requires a BA/BS degree.
- 3-5 years of sales experience in a medical-related industry required, preferably in medical products.
- Selling Skills certification desired.
- Experience presenting in group forum.
Desired: N/AWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled Through its "Sharing Expertise--" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.Other Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position could require the handling of instruments that may or may not have been contaminated by blood or other body fluids. In compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, Aesculap will provide a safe working environment for all employees. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. PI107464757
Keywords: Aesculap Inc., Bethlehem , Field Sales Training Manager, Surgical Specialty, Sales , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!