Transportation Accounts Receivable Specialist
Company: US Cold Storage
Posted on: November 30, 2019
Who We Are: USCS is driven to advance, innovate and serve companies
seeking the best service, facilities, and logistics in the cold
chain. We are employee focused, an equal employment opportunity
employer and would love to have you join our team. Other Abilities
You Will Need to Have: The physical demands described below are
representative of those required of an individual performing the
essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Good arithmetic, reading, and typing skills
- Sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Be able to see, speak and hear
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- May require physical effort associated with using the computer
to access information, or occasional standing, walking, lifting
needed to carry out everyday activities.
- Understand and follow verbal instruction, written instruction
and company policies.
- A starter that can work independently and coordinate with
- Follow safety procedures at all times.
- Ability to manage stress and productivity guidelinesThe
- Always maintain a professional manner in appearance and
- Participate in staff and/or customer meetings if required.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any
non-conformities relating to product, process, and quality
- Identify and record any issues relating to product, processes
- Initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through appropriate
- Verify the implementation of solutions.
- Follow posted security procedures at all times while in the
- Participate in Safety and Educational Training.Whats In It For
You: A great company with great people. Full-time employees not
under contract are offered: 401K and Educational Assistance after 1
year; If elected, Blue Cross Blue Shield after 30 days of service;
Company Life Insurance; and a bunch of other great perks. Things We
Need To Mention:
- The above job description may not include all tasks necessary
to complete the job.
- Job functions may vary based on area of operation. The job
description is a listing of the most common tasks the associate
will be required to perform in that job area.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential duties. The primary
responsibilities of this position will be to ensure the accurate
and timely processing of customer accounts receivable. This
position is responsible for monitoring customer aging, researching
short and non-payments, preparing credits, generating balance due
invoices and utilizing customer systems to view and research status
of invoices. This position is also responsible for enhancing the
performance, quality and productivity of freight billing by
identifying trends and correcting issues related to payment
discrepancies and EDI compliance. Duties and Responsibilities
include the following:
- Responsible to investigate, research, and resolve issues or
concerns pertaining to customer accounts
- Utilize customer websites to research status of aged
- Responsible to submit customer invoices and backup paperwork
via customer websites, email or mail.
- Research short paid invoices and recommend credits when
applicable or generate and prepare balance due invoices with
- Respond in a professional manner to all inquiries, providing
the highest level of customer service.
- Help determine root cause of routine problems, such as billing
errors, slow or non- payment, and internal process issues.
- Identify trends and address issues with the goal to reduce/
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed
payments and other irregularities
- Communicate with customers via phone, email, mail or
personallyWhat We Are Looking For:Education
- High School Diploma or GED, College Degree a plusExperience
- 1 to 3 years A/R experience.
- Transportation billing knowledge a plus
- Knowledge of basic business & accounting processes
- Must have accounting and billing system experience, Lawson
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Attention to detail; aptitude for numbers; emphasis on accuracy
- Transportation industry experience preferred.
- Must have excellent MS Office Suite skills, Excel a mustJob ID:
2019-1723 Street: 15 Emery Street
Keywords: US Cold Storage, Bethlehem , Transportation Accounts Receivable Specialist, Professions , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!