City Class A Drivers- Dedicated,8pm Start Sun-Thur
Company: Pitt Ohio
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Requisition Number: 06869-POE
Job Title: City Class A Drivers- Dedicated,8pm Start Sun-Thur
Pay Scale: NE - $23.50 (L I)
CITY CLASS A DRIVERS- DEDICATED,8PM START SUN-THUR
PITT OHIO, a $826 million, high service, highly profitable,
transportation solutions provider offering SUPPLY CHAIN, GROUND,
LTL and TRUCKLOAD services is seeking Full-Time Class A CDL Truck
Drivers, 8pm Start Sunday-Thursday at our Bethlehem, PA Location.
This is a dedicated delivery route domiciled at a customer
PITT OHIO has received countless safety, service, and carrier of
the year awards and our highly acclaimed Safety Department is a
leader in the transportation industry. Dedication to quality and
excellence is our goal at PITT OHIO.
We offer competitive wages, hospital/medical insurance with no
weekly premiums or deductibles, vision, discount prescription,
dental, 401K, profit sharing, paid vacations, pleasant work
environment, and much more!
* A minimum age of 23 years of age.
* All Class A drivers must have a minimum of two years experience
(approximate 100,000 miles) as a driver of a commercial /
non-commercial motor vehicle similar to the type utilized by PITT
* All Drivers must pass a PITT OHIO driving test administered by an
approved PITT OHIO Trainer.
* All Drivers except sprinter truck drivers will be required to
possess Haz-Mat and Tanker endorsements on their current valid
driver's license issued by the resident state in which they
* All drivers to possess only one valid driver's license issued by
the resident state of the driver. Operators who have recently
transferred from another state must produce a copy of the former
license or provide license information for verification from that
state. Drivers will need to provide information on all previous
held licenses within the past 36-month period.
* No record of a driving license suspension or revocation for more
than 30 days, covering the 36-month period prior to the order date
of a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR). A suspension for failure to pay
and or failure to appear will be considered provided that there was
no conviction for driving while suspended during this time
* No record of citation or conviction for any serious traffic
violation during the 60-month period prior to the order date of a
Motor Vehicle Record.
* No past pattern or record of citations or convictions for more
than three motor vehicle violations during the 36-month period
prior to the order date of the Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
* No past pattern or record of involvement in more than one
at-fault traffic accident and no more than two motor vehicle
violations during the 36-month period prior to the order date of
* Must pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical
* Must consent to a pre-employment drug screen. PITT OHIO must
receive a negative result.
* PITT OHIO must receive a negative controlled substance and
alcohol result from prior employer(s) for the past three-year
period. No prior evidence of controlled substance use.
* There must be no instance of refusal to submit to an Alcohol or
Controlled Substance test within the past 3-year period including a
* Must consent to a ten-year check on work history. Any gap of 30
days or more must be indicated and explained, you may be asked to
provide documentation. Discrepancies may prevent your application
from being processed and job offer withdrawn.
* Must have the ability to read and write the English language and
also perform simple mathematical calculations.
* You will be an at-will employee throughout your employment with
PITT OHIO. Nothing in these guidelines, your application or in the
employee handbook guarantees employment for any period of time or
is intended to be a contract of employment.
* Drives a commercial vehicle safely while picking up and
delivering general freight.
* Load and unload truck either individually or with assistance of
dockworkers. Mechanical freight handling equipment may be used
where available and appropriate.
* Perform frequent lifting, pulling, pushing and carrying of
* Driver(s) to deliver freight between customer s distribution
center and customer s warehouse.
* Securing of freight may be required through strapping or other
* Inspect the vehicle for defects and safe operating conditions as
required by law and company policy.
* Comply with all Federal requirements regarding the transportation
of Hazardous Materials.
* Drive tractor/trailer in all conditions in accordance with
federal regulations, normally in periods of driving within hours of
service limitations, followed by an off-duty period as required by
* Maintain records required for compliance with state and federal
regulations, including driver's logs and other records required by
* Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and
procedures, and comply with all federal, state and local
regulations for the safe operation of a commercial motor
To navigate to the PITT OHIO Career Center Job Opportunities page
and apply for this job, please go to Pittohio.balancetrak.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, or protected veteran status.
Email this job to a friend
Your email address:
Recipient's email address:
Personal message: I came across this job and thought you may be
Keywords: Pitt Ohio, Bethlehem , City Class A Drivers- Dedicated,8pm Start Sun-Thur, Professions , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!