Operations Technician I (16920)
Posted on: June 14, 2019
The Operations Technician I requires basic technical skills and
capabilities. The ability to organize technical tasks, as well as
the ability to develop a detail oriented technical problem solving
approach. This position requires someone who can identify issues
independently and resolve issues with little to no supervision. A
strong customer service background and experience dealing with
customers is a must. General assignments will include, but are not
limited to: entry-level technical tasks, cabinet prep, stock
handling, racking servers, cable pulling and termination, cleaning,
working around HVAC and electrical equipment and organizational
* Provides quality internal and external customer service
surrounding the Company values.
* Assemble/build hardware to meet client/service order
* Test in-stock hardware to determine functional status.
* Run diagnostic suites on Dell, Sun and HP servers.
* Build servers using approved OS images via Ghost, Kick-start, or
Windows Deployment Services.
* Assist in the installation, racking, and cabling of
* Run, terminate, and test cables.
* Demonstrate proficiency with operations applications: e-mail,
IRC, MS Office, etc.
* Equipment monitoring.
* General understanding of TCP/IP principles.
* User level experience with at least one server Operating
* Provide remote hands and eyes support for customer
* General knowledge of computer system hardware setup and
* Ability to inspect and troubleshoot issues in and around
electrical, mechanical and life safety equipment.
* Ability to react to alarms and escalate all issues.
* Maintain organization within the build room and stock area.
* Maintain cleanliness of stockroom, NOC and data center.
* Track, organize, and inventory spares.
* Performs 1st level customer service.
* Maintain a presentable appearance.
* Maintain professional communications and attitude with clients
* Document all client requests and conversations via electronic
* Ticket creation, adherence to customer sign-in and authentication
* 1st level monitoring and reporting of enterprise applications
(backups, patching, etc.)
* Conduct customer follow up to ensure customer support requests
have been completed to the customer s satisfaction.
* Close completed tickets from the ticketing system.
* Verbal and written communication with Operations staff and other
internal and external customers.
* Maintain stock level and other inventory reports.
* Provide written shift reports.
* Associate s degree, or equivalent experience and two years
working experience in a customer service/help desk environment and
IT-related certifications; or Bachelor s degree.
* General knowledge of TCP/IP.
* Previous cabling experience (Copper/Coax/Fiber preferred.)
* Must be able to work around electrical and mechanical equipment
to take readings.
* Must demonstrate personal motivation and enthusiasm.
* Values continuous learning and self-improvement.
* Previous customer interaction experience.
* Must possess problem solving abilities for complex problems.
* A detailed base of technical knowledge regarding mainframe and PC
hardware, operating systems, networks and communications protocols
* Ability to make decisions with strong processing skills.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills; must communicate
effectively and in a professional manner.
* Able to handle multiple tasks, manage priorities, and remain
professional at all times.
* Able to identify and resolve issues effectively.
* Must have the ability to distinguish low impact from high impact
problems with little direction.
* Able to understand complex solutions and relay effectively to
* Must have a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
* Intermediate PC/Internet literacy.
* Previous experience with a ticketing system.
* Must possess strong interpersonal techniques, is positive,
pleasant, respectful and customer focused.
* Must have courteous and efficient telephone manner.
* Must be available to work all shifts.
* Adequate professional experience and knowledge to perform Job
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to prioritize and organize effectively.
* Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
* Ability to work both independently and with others.
* Ability to operate in a fast moving, team-oriented, collaborative
environment with tight deadlines.
* Proficiency in using MS Office suite and Windows-based computer
* Prior 1-3 years experience particularly in the data center
TierPoint is committed to reviewing the talents and experience of
each applicant compared to the specific job opening. TierPoint
believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment
opportunity and does not discriminate against its employees or
applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
ancestry, age, marital status, disability, pregnancy, protected
medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic information,
or any other protected status covered by applicable local, state or
federal law. We give full consideration to qualified disabled
individuals. If you have a disability and are unable to use our
employment tools to search for opportunities with us, you may
request a reasonable accommodation. This option is reserved for
candidates who need support applying to TierPoint as the result of
a disability, and not intended for other use. All candidates and
employees are required to abide by this policy.
Keywords: Tierpoint, Bethlehem , Operations Technician I (16920), Professions , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!