Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: January 5, 2019
PRODUCTION SUPERVISORJOB REQUIREMENT:MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH POLYSTYRENE AND/OR POLYPROPYLENE
- Must be able to read, write, speak, understand English OR Spanish
- Must be able to stand for 12 hour shifts (with breaks)
- Must be able to lift (light weight), bend, twist, push, pull, reach, stoop for entire shift
- Must have a clean drug test
- Must have reliable transportation…12 hour shifts don’t work with bus routes Job DescriptionKey Competencies
- Developing Direct Reports and Others
- Learning on the Fly
- Process Management
- Salary and Benefits: $85,000 to $95,000 with Health Benefits, 401K and more*Essential Job Responsibilities
- DEVELOP A CULTURE OF TEAM WORK, CARING AND PROBLEM SOLVING. ENCOURAGE NEW APPROACH TO PROBLEMS.
- Aggressively tackle safety issues
- SOP for all departments: extrusion, thermoforming, reclaim, material handling
- Develop performance metrics for all positions
- Develop formal evaluation method and schedule
- Create acknowledge tactics for good job done
- Develop formal training programs: must incorporate multi-media materials
- Vigorously develop direct reports
- Develop visual aids on the floor to inform production crews of vital production statistics
- Must implement AIB and earn superior rating
- Implement 5S throughout production areas
- Implement and enforcement quality control programs
- Continuous improvement for production process to increase productivity
- Aggressively control production cost
- Work closely with HR to develop sound and practical policies and enforce policies
- Vigilantly monitor the progress of each production member from hiring to training to full independence. A report must be developed and be visible to management team
- Develop SOUND cross-training program leveraging individual’s strength.
- Be a central hub for communication among HR, engineering, maintenance, customer service, production and shipping
- Active participant of launching new ERP system
Packaging Manufacturer that opened their 3rd facility in November, 2017 in Bethlehem PA. Family owned with leadership that works by example! Great growth opportunity,showing steady and consistent profitability. Excellent health benefits, 401K, vacation and education reimbursement. Relocation expenses reimbursed.Requirements:
- Four year degree in engineering discipline is preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in PS foam or other plastic thermoforming manufacturing environment.
- Very detail oriented.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
- Possess superb people and communication skills.
- Comfortable using technology to enhance performance.
- Because it is a 24-hour operation, willing to accept occasional night and weekend phone calls and plant visits.Job Type: Full-timeSalary: $85,000.00 to $95,000.00 /year
Keywords: Job Juncture, Bethlehem , Production Supervisor, Professions , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!