Field Service Technician I
Company: Aesculap Inc.
Posted on: September 9, 2018
Aesculap Inc.Requisition ID 2018-12971Company Aesculap Inc# of Openings 1Job Locations Colorado SpringsCategory Field ServicePosition Type RemoteShift 8AM - 5PMSite AesculapOverview Aesculap, Inc., a B. Braun company, is part of a 180-year-old global organization focused on meeting the needs of an ever-changing healthcare community. Through close collaboration with its customers, Aesculap provides advanced technologies for general surgery, neurosurgery and closure technologies. Aesculap continues a proud heritage of leadership and responsiveness as we strive to deliver products and services that improve the quality of patients' lives.Responsibilities ****Please note this position is for Colorado Springs, CO.****Position Summary:Field Service Technicians are a vital resource for the medical industry that are responsible for cleaning, refurbishing sharpening and repairing precision surgical instruments. Field Service Technicians I work in collaboration with Field Service Technicians II and Senior technicians under moderate supervision.Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Repair Surgical instruments with the guidance of Field Service Technicians II and Senior technicians;
- Builds and maintains a positive relationship with the customer.
- Manages Customer in order to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Partners with Sales team(s) to grow business in assigned territory.
- Accurate and timely repairs of precision surgical instruments.
- Manages all on site repairs, maintenance and testing of assigned instruments and equipment
- Diagnoses errors or technical problems and determines proper solutions, therefore must have strong problem solving skills
- Produces timely daily work orders.
- Updates customer reports as needed
- Cooperates with sales and technical teams to share information across the organization
- Comprehends customer requirements and makes appropriate recommendations
- Regular maintenance and cleaning of work area and company equipment
- Must comply with applicable ISO and FDA regulations as stated in Quality Manual
- Must embody the Company's Vision, Mission and Values
- Other duties may be assigned
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications-Experience/Training/Education/EtcRequired:
- Requires a high school diploma.
- Experience with machining or handling of delicate metal instruments is desirable.
- Requires clear communication to customers, colleagues and management.
- Technical degree is desirable
- Occasional overtime and changes in shift scheduling are required to suit customer needs.
- Computer knowledge is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled Through its "Sharing Expertise--" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.Physical Demands:
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. PI104162604
Keywords: Aesculap Inc., Bethlehem , Field Service Technician I, Professions , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!