Company: Carson Helicopters
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Position summary: This hourly non-exempt position is responsible
for keeping up to date with the principles of layup, curing,
trimming and assembly as it pertains to composite manufacturing.
Under general direction, this position is responsible for
participating in the fabrication, curing, build-up, and assembly of
various types of composite materials. Job Duties:
- Works to blueprints, templates, sample parts, process sheets,
and other authorized information.
- Assists in the preparation of molds and forms.
- Mark and cut tape, woven material, honeycomb, adhesive and
similar materials following templates, guides or specific
dimensions and sequences.
- Route, drill, trim, and sand to blueprint dimensions and
tolerances. Vacuum bag parts for room temperature cure.
- Assist in the lay-up of composite materials to molds.
- Fit and smooth successive layers of materials as necessary to
secure build-up free from wrinkles, air pockets, and voids
following directions and instructions.
- Assemble aircraft components using structural adhesives,
rivets, and threaded fasteners.
- Prepare surface and paint composite and metal components
including bodywork, contour shaping, and sanding.
- Assist in the development of shop aids to facilitate
fabrication, trimming, and assembly as required.
- Check expiration dates of materials prior to use, prepare
proper mixes of resins and catalysts.
- May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical
process or other control procedures.
- Maintain records as required. Support quality process by
maintaining the work area in an orderly condition by returning
tools, equipment, and materials to the storage area.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with
established operating procedures and practices.
- Interfaces with all engineering personnel to assist in the
design, development, and prototyping of Composite products
- Builds prototype assemblies
- Supports component and system level testing.
- Monitors all prototype test procedures.
- Collects and organizes test data for prototype assemblies for
review by Engineering, Quality Assurance or Marketing.
- Supports prototype assemblies build plans, including any
required overtime to accomplish on-time delivery.
- Assists in the physical transfer of any prototype systems or
components to or from shipping/receiving areas or test lab.
- Other duties as assigned or required. Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to verbally communicate, read and comprehend
written and verbal instructions, detailed blueprints, and other
similar authorized drawings and documents, and be capable of doing
simple mathematical calculations.
- The preferred candidate will be able to use hand tools such as
rollers, paper cutters, scissors, x-acto knives, electric heat gun
and fixtures such as molds and mandrels.
- The preferred candidate will be able to use measuring
instruments such as scales and protractors and calipers.
- May require respirator certification
- Must be able to work in a loud warehouse environment; work
extended hours as required, and be able to lift assemblies weighing
up to 50 lbs. Responsibilities and tasks outlined in this job
description are not exclusive and may change as determined by the
needs of the company. Carson Helicopters, Inc. is a veteran-owned
company and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed
to hiring veterans. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin
or disability. This job description is not an offer of employment
or an employment contract.0
Keywords: Carson Helicopters, Bethlehem , Composites Technician, Professions , Perkasie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!