Operations Supervisor Hauling - Transportation
Company: Republic Services
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Operations SupervisorAs an Operations Supervisor at Republic
Services, you are responsible for the safety and well-being of the
most important asset at our company - our employees. As a people
leader, you will have the chance to solve problems, create
opportunities and deliver exceptional service to our customers and
communities. As a key member of the leadership team, you will both
understand the big picture of where we are going as a company,
while being hands-on in the day-to-day operation to make it
happen.What you will do:
- Attract, hire, lead and develop a diverse team of Drivers,
Helpers, and/or Dispatchers.
- Prioritize safety through accident prevention programs,
including accountability for safe behaviors, conducting safety
meetings, and maintaining a safety focused culture.
- Optimize our business by creating, modifying, and improving
routes to maximize efficiency.
- Gather and review customer feedback to drive customer
satisfaction and loyalty to the Company Provide coaching, feedback,
and exposure to challenging assignments for team members.
- Collaborate frequently with colleagues across departments, such
as sales and maintenance teams, to ensure business and operational
goals are achieved.
- Implement engagement programs to attract new employees and
drive existing employee loyalty, satisfaction, and retention.
- Establish productivity goals where needed, ensure adherence to
operating standards, and manage labor hours and expenses
closely.What you will need to be successful:
- Previous knowledge or experience of leading in a safety-focused
- Capacity to lead diverse teams of individuals to perform at
- Ability to drive a company vehicle and work outside in all
- Ability to problem solve, use good judgment, and make sound
- Flexibility to adapt to changes as needed.
- Strong communication skills to interact with customers and
colleagues with respect.
- A high degree of ethics and integrity to do the right thing in
the right way.
- Comfort using technology (i.e., Microsoft Office, App-Based
Software, Web-Based Software).
- Desire to help others and be a team player.
Why you will love this job!
- You will have the ability to make a positive impact on the
company and team by creating opportunities for our colleagues to
serve our communities at their best.
- You will get the chance to take ownership of important
priorities and flex your leadership muscle.
- You will be a part of a team that has earned awards such as
"Most Admired Company of 2021".
- You will stay active and engaged with your team, your
customers, and our communities - shifting between office and field
throughout the day.
- You will be provided all required PPE, including work boots and
- You will work for a company that cares about you, with great
benefits and offerings to keep you healthy, safe, and well.
- You will work alongside diverse colleagues who are committed to
serving our customers and communities together.
- You will be given the chance to provide feedback in our
inclusive culture, through regular interaction with leadership and
our confidential employee experience survey.
Why choose Republic?Joining Republic isn't just about taking on a
new job, it's about making a commitment to create a more
sustainable world together. Our people provide an essential
service, serving and impacting customers, neighborhoods, and
communities everywhere.As a company, we are proud of our values and
encourage those who share in our aspirations to join our team:
- We protect our colleagues and communities through safe practices
everywhere, every day.
- We are committed to serving our customers and communities by
going above and beyond to exceed expectations.
- We take action to improve neighborhoods and communities by being
environmentally responsible and creating a more sustainable
- We are driven to deliver results in the right way.
- We encourage a human centered culture that honors the unique
potential and dignity of every person.Republic Services is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran
status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected
by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Keywords: Republic Services, Bethlehem , Operations Supervisor Hauling - Transportation, Professions , Clinton, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!