Heavy Civil Construction Project Manager
Company: Blooming Glen Contractors, Inc.
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Blooming Glen Contractors, Inc.
H&K does not discriminate in employment opportunities or
practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national
origin, age, disability, veterans' status, or any other
characteristic protected by law. We are always looking for the
best, most qualified people to join our team.Pre-employment drug
testing (EOE)Great Benefits offered!Location: US-PA-PerkasieJob ID:
Category: ContractingJob Type: Regular Full-Time
OverviewBlooming Glen Contractors, Inc., a partner with the H&K
Group, Inc., is searching for an experienced Heavy Civil
Construction Project Manager to be responsible for the
company/client relationship and coordination required throughout
the period of construction. The project manager will also organize
and control the preparations and execution of construction
contracts to meet company objectives of cost, quality, equipment
conservation, and safety.Blooming Glen Contractors, Inc. (BGC) is a
family owned and operated heavy civil construction services and
site contracting company based in Perkasie, Pennsylvania. BGC
provides full-service site contracting and heavy civil construction
services in the following core service areas: complete site and
land development, demolition, transportation & structures, water &
wastewater, design-build and value engineering and emergency
response.Founded in 1971, BGC remains dedicated to providing our
customers and clients with exceptional service and finished
products of the highest quality.Why work for Blooming Glen
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- 100% Company-paid Health Benefits
- 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan
- Tuition reimbursement programs available to qualifying
employees for approved programs
- Company vehicle after successful 90-day orientation period
ResponsibilitiesEssential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all work according to OSHA/MSHA and H&K Safety
- Maintain up-to-date project progress information and cost of
labor and material data for project control and analysis.
- Create and update at least monthly the overall schedule.
- Review schedules with the superintendent for each project
including the required timetables for work performed by
- Create 2- or 3-week look-ahead schedules as required.
- Work as a team with assigned foreman and superintendent to
build project in a controlled manner. Manage and coordinate with
- Coordinate with purchasing the requisition of materials and
furnish information for proper coding of invoices.
- Provide modifications resulting in change orders.
- Shares with the Estimator in the processing of plan revisions
for change orders and distribute as required.
- Process Additional Work Authorizations (AWA's) for change order
- Coordinate and process change orders or technical problems with
client requirements, suppliers, superintendents, and
- Review project cost reports each week.
- Visit project sites for troubleshooting and for the purposes of
ensuring project quality. Site visits to be at least once a
- Oversee project security and safety.
- Prepare project AIA Billing requisitions.
- Review all purchase orders, delivery tickets, subcontractor
requisitions, and invoices to see that they are coded correctly for
- Maintain all project files: submittals, shop drawings,
maintenance manuals, as-built drawings, punch lists.
- Occasionally meet with all subcontractors/suppliers for project
- Maintain a log for all submittals and shop drawings.
- Assist with new project transitions and pre-job planning.
- Chair all project meetings.
- Meet or exceed project objectives as determined in the pre-job
- Provide accurate percent complete status on projects to
accounting each month.
- Conduct a thorough analysis of job costs vs. budget each
- Report to top management each month on gross margin improvement
strategies and accomplishments.
- Other duties as assigned QualificationsRequired Skills,
Education, and ExperienceTo perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and work environment
for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or
university OR one year of related experience and/or training
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be
- Ability to read blueprints, specifications, and job-related
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical
procedures, and governmental regulations
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from
groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Mathematical skills including probability and statistical
inference, fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and
- Ability to apply concepts to practical situations
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Problem solving and business acumen
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, & Outlook
- Intermediate skill of HCSS Suite, Bluebeam, Primavera Software,
Microsoft Project, Asta, etc.
- Driver's license and clean driving record
- Ability to fit test & utilize appropriate PPE as needed
- Ability to meet physical requirements (movement, lifting, as
relevant to job)Preferred Skills, Education, and Experience
- Five years of related experience and/or training
- Supervisory experience
- OSHA or other relevant safety certifications
- Management training certificatesPhysical DemandsThe physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger,
handle, or feel, and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, and ability to adjust focus.Work EnvironmentThe work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level
in the work environment is usually moderate. Hours regularly exceed
40 hours a week.Thank you for your interest in employment with
H&K Group, Inc. At H&K, we invest in our people, providing
the essential training, instruction, and supervisory support that
they need to develop and grow within our company. We acknowledge
that H&K's strength and success is directly related to our
employees and the talents, dedication, and job performance they
exemplify. We seek dynamic, motivated people who are driven to make
a difference.H&K does not discriminate in employment
opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, age, disability, veterans' status, or any
other characteristic protected by law. We are always looking for
the best, most qualified people to join our team.Pre-employment
drug testing (EOE)Pre-employment Physical 100% Company-Paid Health
Keywords: Blooming Glen Contractors, Inc., Bethlehem , Heavy Civil Construction Project Manager, Professions , Perkasie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!