Site Manager - Upper Merion
Posted on: September 22, 2022
PerkinElmer s purpose is to enable scientists, researchers, and
clinicians to address their most critical challenges across science
and healthcare. With a mission focused on innovating for a
healthier world, we deliver unique solutions to serve the
diagnostics, life sciences, food and environmental markets.The
PerkinElmer OneSource Site Manager is the central position at the
customer site and ensures that all critical activities, which have
been identified and documented by the customer, are carried out in
a timely manner. In addition, the Site Lead will work in accordance
with both PerkinElmer and customer quality standards. The Site Lead
acts as the primary point of contact for all local site issues and
work as part of a team to deliver best-in-class customer support
and service delivery. This role carries out work on behalf of the
Senior Service Manager for the Americas, alongside the onsite
PerkinElmer team, the wider PerkinElmer staff, and other critical
roles at the customer site to meet target metrics, KPI s, revenue,
and profitability goals. Must have the ability to travel by air,
vehicle and/or other means of transportation as business requires.
Travel will vary depending on territory requirements and/or
customer base. Also, must have a valid driver s license. While
performing the duties of this position you must always maintain
safe motor vehicle operation.This role is critical to the success
of the customer site and will be the subject matter expert (SME)
with all activities for the site. The SME will be engaged with all
key PKI Functional groups and all critical customer personnel. This
role is also a primary point of escalation to help resolve customer
issues quickly and in a satisfactory manner. Customer Support
- Ensure adequate planning and coordination of coverage to meet
customer needs and achieve established operational metrics
- Actively participate in compiling monthly and quarterly reports
per the KPI/SLA requirements
- Ensure that resources are deployed consistently with defined
objectives to meet customer demands
- Act as a liaison between on-site staff and support to escalate
- Work with on-site and back-office teams to obtain data,
integrate, format and present to the customer
- Work in collaboration with employee health and safety to ensure
a high level of safety is maintained in at the site.
- Collaborate with the Customer and PerkinElmer staff to ensure
quality and compliance at the site.
- Develop customer desired growth by identifying activities in
which we can provide additional services, working with all critical
PerkinElmer and customer team members and following proper approval
- Coach and train staff at client location regarding
best-in-class customer support
- Provide clear, continuous communication regarding identifying
- Collaborate with Service Manager to drive talent development,
overall business performance, and succession planning
- Accountable for all assigned staff managerial duties;
facilitate interviews, prepare for employee on-boarding, obtain and
approve expense reports, review/approve time-off, etc.
- Present to the Service Manager on-site team training with
cross-training initiatives and opportunities.
- Attend floor/building oversight meetings.
- Facilitate weekly team lead meetings, as well as one on ones,
- Address disciplinary and/or performance concerns when necessary
in accordance with company policy
- Identify and/or create SOP s, Work Instructions and
documentation to ensure the team conduct activities in a consistent
and reliable manner.
- Oversee site budget and communicate financials with the program
managerNothing in this job description restricts management s right
to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at
any timeBasic Qualifications:
- Bachelor s degree in Applied Science, Biology, Chemistry,
Electronics, Mathematics, Engineering, Information Technology or
related discipline including military experience. Business or
Management Degree also meets criteria.
- Minimum of 2 year in a leadership or supervisory role.Preferred
- Experience of working in a compliance-driven environment.
- Experience using Microsoft 365, including Outlook, Teams, Word,
Excel and others.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated and ability to work under pressure to prioritize
- Service orientated attitude combined with innovative
- Knowledge of laboratory safety practices as defined by the
Company and/or the customer s site safety code.
- Experience working in a research laboratory environment is a
must, with experience within the pharmaceutical industry as highly
- Strong interpersonal skills; strong team player with customer
- Ability to operate a personal computer to enter data and
generate reports, ability to communicate clearly and effectively
with peers, managers, customers, and other technical support
professionals is critical to successful performance in this
- Knowledge of 5S and/or 6 sigma principles is a plus.Working
- The primary working conditions associated with this position is
dependent on the specific customer site and the types of services
we support at the site. Conditions can vary anywhere from office
areas, lab spaces, to freight elevators etc.
- Employee may be required to manage hazardous wastes in
compliance with company procedures & State/Federal/Local hazardous
waste regulations. Duties may include; Identifying, handling,
generating, accumulating, storing, labeling.
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspects of
the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are
addressed and corrected immediately.
- Understand the ergonomic relationship between people,
equipment, and working environment. Other Requirements:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 2-3 hours in
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move inside
and outside the lab
- Reach above/below the shoulder, bend at the knees and
- Frequently moves up to 25 pounds of laboratory equipment and
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity
machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer
- Use of personal protective equipment in laboratory.
Keywords: PerkinElmer, Bethlehem , Site Manager - Upper Merion, Professions , Bath, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!