Courier, Bethlehem Campus, FT, First Shift
Company: St. Luke's University Health Network
Posted on: January 15, 2022
St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of
its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable
asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to
satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering
commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured;
educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and
improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a
patient's ability to pay for health care.The primary function of
the Courier is to provide transportation of supplies, specimens,
patients, and other items essential for the operations of the
Network. At all times, Couriers must display a positive attitude
when dealing with all external and internal customers.ESSENTIAL
- Pick-up supplies, mail and other items and deliver as
- Scan packages with barcodes when delivered and download at the
end of shift.
- Verify sorting of mail and packages to ensure proper
- Pick-up specimens at off-site locations and transport to
Network Labs as directed.
- Pick up petty cash, money bags and payroll and deliver as
- Transport patients to and from hospital for various
- Follow the Lab Specimen Transport Process.
- Follow the Vehicle Policy and perform daily vehicle maintenance
checks, including fluids, equipment and cleaning.
- Transport of medications within the network and to other
- Train new staff on routes and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of all materials handled within the
Network/ Entity as well as the proper release of information.
PHYSICIAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:Individual must be able to meet
established specific physical requirements of the job; sitting for
up to six (6) hours/day, three (3) hours at a time; standing for up
to one (1) hour/day, one (1) hour at a time; and walking for up to
two (2) hours/day, fifty (50) minutes at a time. - Occasionally
handling and firm gripping when carrying equipment. - Occasionally
fingering and twisting/turning. - Frequently lifting, carrying,
pushing and walking objects weighing up to 100 pounds with
assistance. - Frequent squatting and kneeling and occasional
stooping, bending, crouching and reaching above shoulder level. -
Hearing as it relates to normal conversation. - Seeing as it
relates to general vision, color vision and depth perception.
- Must have and maintain valid PA or NJ Driver's License accepted
by the Network insurance carrier and a good driving record.
- Must obey and adhere to all motor vehicle regulations and laws
while operating hospital vehicles. EDUCATION:High school graduate
or equivalent. TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Hospital experience preferred. -
- Basic knowledge of the Lehigh Valley and the surrounding
area.Please complete your application using your full legal name
and -current home address. -Be sure to -include -employment history
for -the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. -
Additionally, you are -encouraged to upload a current resume,
including all work history, education, and/or certifications and
-licenses, if applicable. -It is highly recommended that you create
a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application.
-Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!
Keywords: St. Luke's University Health Network, Bethlehem , Courier, Bethlehem Campus, FT, First Shift, Professions , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!