Infrastructure Technician II -Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton, PA-NJ
Company: Black Box
Posted on: November 22, 2021
- The Infrastructure Technician II leads skilled
infrastructure/structured cabling work in the installation, service
and maintenance, repair and alteration of low voltage category
cabling, fiber optic cabling, communications cabling and other
various low voltage cabling systems.Essential Functions:
- Provide team leadership and supervision
- Complete physical installations and removal of structured
cabling components, cabinets, pathway systems (cable tray), move
equipment, racks, and related communications infrastructure
- Supervise and perform installation and service of low voltage
category cabling, fiber optic cabling, communications cabling,
communication equipment and other various low voltage related
systems such as Category 3, Category 5, Enhanced Category 5,
Category 6 and Fiber Optic Structured Cable Distribution
- Evaluate, diagnose, troubleshoot cabling infrastructure systems
and perform repairs as necessary.
- Prepare BOMs for materials and labor.
- Infrastructure survey and design.
- Execute project milestones and test plans.
- Complete project closeout deliverable packages, Test Results,
As-Built, Pictures, and Quality Audits.Education Requirements:
- Associate degree or Certification in a technology
services/technical discipline, or equivalent work
- 4+ years of combined experience in a Site Support Technician
and/or Infrastructure Technician role (or similar experience)Other
Qualifications, Skills & Certifications:
- CNET CNCI,
- BICSI Installer (INST1),
- BICSI Installer 2 copper/fiber (INSTC/INSTF)
- BICSI Technician (TECH)
- Manufacturer certifications
- Valid driver's licenseCompetencies
- Proven ability to install, terminate & test low voltage cables
to include twisted pair cable, coax, power limited tray cable,
stranded & solid conductor low voltage cable and fiber optic
- Installation of cable pathways, conveyances (e.g. ladder,
trays, support systems)
- Through-wall penetration systems
- Advanced knowledge of terminology pertaining to installation &
service of cabling infrastructure for telecom, data, security &
- Advanced knowledge of industry standards including BICSI, ANSI,
EIA/TIA, and local and National Electric Code.
- Advanced knowledge of publications pertaining to standard
cabling for telecom, data, security & wireless systems practices,
engineering & Federal, State & local safety standards.
- Mechanical aptitude with the ability to read blueprints,
architectural, mechanical, and electrical documents.
- Ability to carry up to 30 lbs. and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders and work from heightsThis job
description is designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing
of activities, duties, and responsibilities that are required of
the employee; it is not meant to be all-inclusive for any one
position. Job responsibilities and requirements are subject to
change at any time due to business conditions or any other
reason.Black Box is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance
with Federal, State and Local laws, Black Box does not discriminate
against individuals on the basis of race, color, marital status,
sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age,
disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other
protected status, and endorses those policies and practices which
seek to recruit, hire, train and promote the most qualified persons
into available jobs.What's in it for You at Black Box Network
Services?Black Box Network Services is a leading technology
solutions provider dedicated to helping customers design, deploy
and manage their IT infrastructure. We deliver high-value products
and services through our global presence and 3,000 team
members.Black Box Network Services offers a competitive total
rewards benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision
coverage, in addition to a wide variety of additional benefits like
a 401K, life insurance, employee assistance programs, fitness
reimbursements, identity theft protection, education/scholarship
programs and more!We understand attracting great talent requires
going beyond just competitive compensation and benefits. Black Box
provides challenging work that creates advancement opportunities
within the organization for those demonstrating desire and aptitude
through their achievements. We have no shortage of opportunities.
If you are looking for a business that allows for individual reward
and growth, we are the place for you!
Keywords: Black Box, Bethlehem , Infrastructure Technician II -Allentown/Bethlehem/Easton, PA-NJ, Professions , Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!