Emergency Dept Technician Full Time Night Shift
Company: St. Luke's University Health Network
Posted on: November 22, 2021
St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of
its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable
asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to
satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering
commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured;
educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and
improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a
patient's ability to pay for health care.The Emergency Department
Technician anticipates and implements patient and health care team
needs and functions as an integral part of the ED patient care
team. The Emergency Technician is responsible for patient care,
transportation, participating in planning, data collection,
recognition of changes and communication to other healthcare team
members. JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responds to medical emergencies with an RN and transports
patient to ED.
- Responds to critical patient situations.
- Sets up and assists with operating specialty equipment.
- Performs clinical procedures within scope of practice.
- Performs EKG's, glucometry, phlebotomy, point of care testing,
and collects/sends specimens.
- Performs quality control checks as appropriate.
- Performs out of bed/back to bed as appropriate.
- Accepts responsibility for providing safe appropriate quality
- Communicates new orders, change in patient's condition, and
unit concerns with the unit based team.
- Restocks unit supplies as needed.
- Performs patient observations under the direction and
supervision of the RN.
- Performs code cart, defibrillator, and unit specific
- Assists with gynecological exams.
- Applies, maintains and removes immobilization devices prn.
- Performs CPR.
- Maintains excellent rapport with EMS personnel.
- Maintains responsibility for own development through active
participation in in-services and or continuing education
- Assists with training new staff.
- Performs hazardous patient decontamination procedures.
Identifies hazards, selects proper personal protective equipment
(including respiratory protection) - sets up appropriate
decontamination systems, removes contaminated clothing from
patients, contains contaminated wastes for proper disposal.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS: Sit up to 2 hours per day; 1
hour at a time. - Stand for up to 12 hours per day; 8 hours at a
time. - Walk up to 12 hours per day; 10 minutes at a time. -
Consistently lift, carry, and push objects up to 10 pounds. -
Transport patients weighing up to 250 lbs via wheelchair, bed
and/or stretcher. - Frequently stoop and bend and reach above
shoulder level. - Must be able to perceive attributes of an object
through touch. - Must be able to hear as it relates to normal
conversation, and high/low frequencies. - Must be able to see as it
relates to general, near, far, color, and peripheral vision.
EDUCATION: High school education or equivalent. Ability to read,
write, speak, and understand English. TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE CPR
certification. - Medical terminology. First Receivers - Operations
Level Hazardous Materials Emergency Response. Please complete your
application using your full legal name and -current home address.
-Be sure to -include -employment history for -the past seven (7)
years, including your present employer. - Additionally, you are
-encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history,
education, and/or certifications and -licenses, if applicable. -It
is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion
of submitting your first application. -Thank you for your interest
in St. Luke's!!
Keywords: St. Luke's University Health Network, Bethlehem , Emergency Dept Technician Full Time Night Shift, Professions , Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!