Industrial Engineer, Distribution Centers
Posted on: November 22, 2021
At Tesla, we move at warp speed and Warehousing and Logistics is at
the forefront of the evolution of Tesla's supply chain as we embark
on transformational change in the coming months. We have an
ambitious vision and a complex portfolio of programs that enable
Tesla's future. The Industrial Engineer leads design of processes
and systems to unlock efficient material flows and development of
tools and strategies to enable cost efficiencies, high throughput
capabilities, and flawless accuracy throughout our network. You'll
leverage your understanding of industrial engineering, project
management, facility design, order fulfilment systems, material
flow automation, WMS, and warehousing and service distribution
experience. The scope includes parts arriving at Tesla's network of
bulk metering warehouses and service parts distribution centers
through delivery to downstream manufacturing plants and service
centers. We are looking for a leader who can lead teams through
aggressive implementations, is a critical thinker,
process-oriented, results driven, and data-centric.
* Drive efforts to improve material flow design standards and
principles for Tesla's Regional Service Parts and E-commerce
* Collaborate with DC Ops team to identify local improvement
opportunities, lead concept development, prototype testing,
engineering design, and collaboration with 3rd parties on system
build, integration testing, project management, implementation, and
handoff to operations at Tesla locations.
* Own implementation of the Engineering team's portfolio of
network-wide project goals related to warehouse automation and
facility and material flow design.
* Define future business requirements, define hardware (MHE) and
software (WCS, WMS) requirements, and conduct financial analyses
* Evaluate existing team's performance and skill set and instill a
culture of continuous learning and enhance team's capabilities.
* Collaborate with stakeholder teams like Warehouse Operations,
Facilities Engineering, IT Application Developers, Supply Chain
Automation Developers, Production Control, Material Planning, MHE
Vendors, and 3PLs.
* Display high levels of expertise in applying principles of
project management, preferably in alignment with frameworks from
PMI, and lead the organization from conceptual stage to launch and
* Develop reports and tools using BI applications to inform
operational decisions, track performance and health KPIs, and
automate repetitive work.
* Master's degree or Bachelor's degree with relevant experience in
Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering,
Supply Chain Management or equivalent.
* 4+ years of experience in retail or service parts distribution,
manufacturing warehousing, supply chain operations, logistics,
warehousing, or manufacturing.
* 2+ years of executing multi-million dollar capital projects
including experience in green-field-to-go-live.
* Advanced knowledge of warehouse and distribution processes, and
material flow methodologies including sequencing, kitting, repack,
* Proficient in best practices and effective solutions from within
the industry or derived from other industries.
* Ability to both envision a world different from the status quo
and to articulate a clear path to get there.
* Ability to thrive in a fast-moving and constantly evolving high
* Comfortable in an environment with unstructured, incomplete and
Keywords: Tesla, Bethlehem , Industrial Engineer, Distribution Centers, Professions , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!