CDL BOX TRUCK DRIVER
Company: Builders General Supply Co
Posted on: February 21, 2021
GREAT OPPORTUNITY!!!Do you have passion and energy? Do you have
experience working with doors and building materials (thats a
plus)? Do you enjoy working with customers? Do you want to be part
of a company culture of high performing, motivated people working
together in a safe and healthy environment where leadership,
personal development and teamwork is recognized, valued and
rewarded? If yes, then we want to hear from you. This is truly an
exciting time to be part of a family owned business since 1931 that
offers job stability and a complete line of building products and
services with competitive pricing, quality products, and reliable
service.If you are interested in being a BOX TRUCK DRIVER and part
of our outstanding team, we encourage you to apply.This is a
full-time position that provides medical, prescription, dental,
vision, short-term disability, group life and AD&D (free), 401k
with a company match (dollar for dollar up to 4%), and a host of
other voluntary benefits. We also provide generous vacation and
sick time. CDL BOX TRUCK DRIVER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Primarily responsible for safely driving a Box Truck (24 feet
in length) in compliance with safety and DOT regulations.
- Load/Unload materials (e.g., doors) required by customers at
the job site, ensuring no damage to material. Assist customer with
the placement of material at the job site.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws,
regulations, and/or agency rules, standards and guidelines
- Detect, eliminate or minimize safety hazards.
- Conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspection of assigned vehicle
and report any discrepancy to the dispatcher immediately.
- Maintain accurate vehicle records and logs
- Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or
strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being
- Check load and ensure it is properly secured before leaving the
- Check load to ensure correct material and amount of material is
- Drive within the laws and rules of the state.
- Other duties as requested directed or assigned. PM19CDL BOX
TRUCK DRIVER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of a valid Class B CDL license.
- Clean Driving record.
- Ability to meet all USDOT physical regulations.
- Ability to follow written and/or oral instructions.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply laws, rules, regulations
policies and/or procedures.
- Ability to read maps and navigate to job sites in a timely
- Previous experience working with doors, lumber or building
supplies strongly desired.
- Basic match skills and ability to read a tape measure.
- At least one year of driving experience preferred.
- High school diploma or GED preferred. CDL BOX TRUCK DRIVER
- The position regularly requires standing, walking, sitting,
talking and hearing. It frequently requires the use of hands to
finger, handle or feel and reach with the hands and arms throughout
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds. PM19
Keywords: Builders General Supply Co, Bethlehem , CDL BOX TRUCK DRIVER, Professions , Washington, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!