Location: White Plains
Posted on: February 28, 2020
OverviewProvides analytical and technical support for the
integration of multiple data sources used to prepare internal and
external reporting for the Quality Management team and business
stakeholders. Provides support and analytical insight for Quality
Incentive measures, HEDIS measures, and Quality Improvement
initiatives. Monitors, analyzes, and communicates Quality
performance related to benchmarks. Collaborates with clinical and
operational teams within Quality Management, as well as with CHOICE
Clinical Operations and Business Intelligence & Analytics (BIA).
Participates in data validation of current reporting and
dashboards. Monitors data integrity of databases and provides
recommendation accordingly. Participates in the development of
internal dashboards and databases. Works under general
- Provides support and analytical insight for Quality Incentive
measures, HEDIS measures, and Quality Improvement initiatives.
- Monitors internal performance against benchmarks through
- Participates in the identification, development, management,
and monitoring of quality improvement initiatives.
- Collaborates with Education staff and makes recommendations for
areas of focus in training of assessors and care managers, based on
analysis of performance trends.
- Researches and identifies technical/operational problems
surrounding systems/applications; communicates/refers complex and
unresolved problems to management, Business Intelligence &
Analytics (BIA), and/or IT.
- Conducts ad hoc analyses to help identify operational gaps in
care; drafts presentations, reports, publications, etc. regarding
results of analyses.
- Communicates results of data analysis to non-technical
- Participates in prioritization of departmental goals based on
identification of operational gaps in care.
- Participates in establishing data quality specifications and
designs. - Coordinates and supports integrated data systems for
analyzing and validating information. -
- Identifies and makes recommendations for reporting re-designs
and platforms for reporting (e.g. automating a manual Excel file
using macros, developing a MicroStrategy dashboard to replace
manually updated Excel dashboards, moving data storage from Excel
to Access, etc.), as needed. - Trains staff on use of new/updated
systems and related topics.
- Assists Quality management team with database and department
reports. - Conducts operations review and analysis of processes and
procedures, issues report of findings and implements approved
changes as required.
- Identifies and recommends software needs and applications to
accomplish required reporting.
- Retrieves, compiles, reviews and ensures accuracy of data from
databases; researches and corrects discrepancies, as needed. -
Analyzes data from internal and external sources. - Identifies and
resolves data quality issues before reports are generated. - Works
with staff to correct data entry errors.
- Analyzes data, identifies trends, reoccurring problems,
statistically significant findings and prepares reports/summaries
for management review.
- Acts as a liaison between Quality Management, CHOICE Clinical
Operations, and BIA.
- Reviews and identifies trends and variances in data and
reports. - Researches findings and determines appropriateness of
elevating identified issues to leadership for further
- Monitors and maintains files by ensuring that files are current
and of relevant nature. -
- Analyzes and corrects error reports to ensure timely and
accurate data; develops corrective actions to prevent errors where
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties, as
needed.QualificationsEducation: - -Bachelor's degree in
bio/statistics, epidemiology, mathematics, computer science, social
sciences, a related field or the equivalent work experience
required. Master's degree with concentration in computer science,
data science, or statistics preferred.Experience: - Minimum of two
years' experience performing increasingly complex data analysis and
interpretation, preferably in a managed care or health care
setting, required. -Experience with data extraction and
manipulation required. - Experience with relational databases and
programming experience in SQL or PL/SQL required. Experience with
claims data and health plan quality metrics (e.g., HEDIS, QARR)
preferred. Proficiency conducting statistical analysis with R, SAS,
Stata or other statistical software preferred. Advanced personal
computer skills, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and
Access required. - Effective oral, written communication and
interpersonal skills required. - Ability to multi task in a
fast-paced environment required.
Keywords: VNSNY, Bethlehem , Quality Analyst, Professions , White Plains, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!