Data Scientist (Remote with some travel)
Company: LearningMate Solutions Inc
Posted on: August 24, 2019
Primary PurposeLearningMate s K12 and Assessment business group
provides strategic and tactical solutions for EdTech and publishing
companies who are focused on the K12 and assessment markets. We are
currently seeking a Data Scientist with Education domain experience
to join our organization. The Data Scientist should have extensive
experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods,
using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models,
using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. This
position requires a proven ability to drive business results with
data-based insights. The right candidate will have a passion for
discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with
stakeholders to improve student s learning experience.Essential
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify
opportunities for leveraging adaptive learning experience data to
drive student success and teacher s efficiency.
- Mine and analyze data from organization databases to drive
outcome expectations from the adaptive learning experience.
- Use predictive & analytics modeling to build a recommendation
engine for interventions and early insights to teachers, students,
and their parents.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and
data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and AI-ML algorithms to apply to
data sets and build a personalized learning experience.
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models
and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model
performance and data accuracy.
- Other duties as assigned or apparent.Qualifications
- Master s or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or
another quantitative field
- 10+ yrs. of experience manipulating data sets and building
statistical models, and is familiar with the following:
- Experience in education-based industry standards, like IEEE
LOM, IMS Global and Ed-Fi data standards. Common Education Data
Standards is preferred.
- Coding knowledge and experience with several languages, i.e.,
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining
techniques i.e., GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees,
text mining, and social network analysis.
- Experience querying databases using statistical computer
languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw
insights from large data sets.
- Experience using web services i.e., Azure, AWS, Redshift, S3,
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning
algorithms and statistics such as regression, simulation, scenario
analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, and artificial
neural networks and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party Content providers such
as Clever, Smarty Ants, and nearpod.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools i.e.,
Map/Reduce, and MySQL.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using
either Tableau, Power BI, D3, etc.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on Personalized
Adaptive Learning Experience.
- Experience building recommendation engines for teachers and
- Experience working with onshore/offshore a plus.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with strong organizational and
time management skills.
- Able to perform tasks in a fast-paced working environment and
meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to
create a high-quality, results-driven and team-oriented
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Applications, modern business
tools, communication tools, mobile tools, presentation tools for
virtual teams (i.e., Google Hangout, Zoom, Skype)
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours and travel (up
to 25%); will include some overnight travel.
- LearningMate has offices in India and USA and global customers.
Coordination with the teams primarily in India would demand early
morning or late evening calls/meetings. - provided by Dice
Keywords: LearningMate Solutions Inc, Bethlehem , Data Scientist (Remote with some travel), Other , Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!