Maintenance Tech ( Day Shift 7a-7p)
Company: PAC Worldwide
Posted on: March 10, 2019
PAC Worldwide is growing and we want you to be a part of that growth! The Maintenance Technician will be part of the PAC Worldwide Maintenance Department. They will provide support for PAC equipment in all facilities. They should understand industrial safe work practices, electrical safe work practices, the advanced principles of electrical design, repairs on industrial machinery, be able to perform complex installations and repairs for new and existing equipment, and be able to train others. The facility will be 24/7 with rotating 12 hour shifts. Below is an example of the work schedule. Times and days may vary during initial start up of the plant due to training needs.
***12-hour night shift hours will be 7AM-7PM.
2 WEEK SCHEDULE EXAMPLE:
* Mon - Work, Tuesday - Off, Wednesday - Off - Thursday - Work, Friday - Work, Saturday - Off, Sunday - Off
* Mon - Off, Tuesday - Work, Wednesday - Work, Thursday - Off, Friday - Off, Saturday - Work, Sunday - Work
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work safely and be able to identify potential safety concerns in any PAC facilities work is conducted. Ability to coach others on safe work practices.
* Taking initiative to bring unsafe conditions to the attention of the appropriate person or to resolve personally.
* Meeting all maintenance related OSHA safety regulations including required safety adherence, required inspections, and facility maintenance.
* Following up on various maintenance tasks related to safety as a result of Safety Committee recommendations, inspections or employee suggestions.
* Maintaining all equipment to OEM, OSHA or PAC established safety standards.
* Train operations, maintenance, and others following upgrades and new equipment installations.
* Train less experienced employees in their essential duties.
* Respond to emergency maintenance requests and perform repairs as needed including light building repair.
* Perform Advanced Preventative Maintenance (PM) procedures while following a prescribed program and schedule.
* Fabricate and install electrical components such as enclosures.
* Fabricate various items as needed for machine repair and improvement.
* Use advanced shop tools to perform all necessary repairs and fabrication.
* Follow OEM manuals to perform setup and repair procedures.
* Respond to emergency maintenance requests from all PAC Worldwide facilities and assist as needed.
* Ability to diagnose, repair and find the root cause of complex machine problems that impact quality and productivity.
* Installation of machine upgrades and new equipment at the direction of the engineering department and/or supervision.
* Install, and lead projects for upgrades to new and existing equipment.
* Install, and lead projects for machine development and processes improvement.
* Perform machine upgrades and new equipment installation without supervision.
* Collaborate with Engineering & Facility teams to maintain technical procedure documents for equipment.
* Collaborate with Engineering & Facility teams to maintain and update current facility equipment schematics.
* Follow basic outlined inventory control process to ensure critical parts inventories are maintained.
* Ability to work without supervision to complete assigned work
* Purchasing of necessary parts and components to maintain plant and equipment in a safe and efficient manner to include parts required by various projects.
* Advanced industrial electrical experience including VFD and servo motors.
* Advanced industrial mechanical experience including pneumatics, and hydraulics.
* Ability to modify electrical control systems including PLCs & HMIs across multiple platforms.
* Ability to modify, design, and maintain electrical schematics.
* Ability to read mechanical and electrical blueprints.
* Ability to work without supervision to complete assigned work.
* Ability to train and encourage less experienced employees in their essential duties.
Education and/or Experience:
* Associates degree or equivalent experience.
* 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing maintenance or engineering service environment.
* Continued training and education in relative field of Maintenance or Mechanical/Electrical Engineering.
* English, oral, and written communication skills (required).
* Effectively record and communicate machine repairs both internally and externally.
* Technical writing skills (preferred).
* Advanced mathematical skills.
* Have understanding of decimals, fractions and the metric system.
* Ability to use advanced measuring tools (scales, micrometers, gauges).
* Strong reasoning skills.
* Have the ability to work through complex electrical and mechanical issues as they arise and establish the permanent repair method.
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs (required).
* CAD experience (preferred).
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
* Valid driver s license (required).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Including assisted lifts up to 70 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The environment is consistent with a warehouse / distribution center atmosphere. Heating is provided in the winter and basic cooling in the summer.
* Work is performed by using both hands and arms while in a standing position, including frequent bending, reaching, twisting, pushing, pulling, squatting, or kneeling for extended times.
* Ability to work in hot/humid or cold environments
* Moderate noise level
* The employee must be able to travel for periods of time to multiple locations including trade shows, other PAC facilities, etc.
* Must be able to fly both domestically and internationally and able to obtain a valid passport.
* Must be able to drive long distances if required in an automobile or other mode of transportation.
EOE/AA M/F/Vet/Disabled - An equal opportunity EMPLOYER. We are a drug free workplace. NO PHONE CALLS OR AGENCIES PLEASE.
PAC Worldwide is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies fully with the rules, regulations and laws of Executive Order 11246 as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 38USC 4212 of the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A.
Keywords: PAC Worldwide, Bethlehem , Maintenance Tech ( Day Shift 7a-7p), Other , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!