Behavioral Aide - Spanish Bilingual
Posted on: September 21, 2023
The Bilingual Youth Care Worker is responsible for providing direct
supervision, support and direction to children and adolescents in a
compassionate and respectful manner. This includes requiring an
unwavering commitment to the safety of all Unaccompanied Children
(UC) and being aware of all ongoing developments and concerns, on a
daily basis, of all UC in their care. The Youth Care Worker is
responsible for building professional and trusting relationships
with the UC in order to maintain a positive and healthy milieu on
the shelter unit.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
- Ensure a safe and secure environment on the unit and in any
other area where staff are with the UC. Act immediately to remove
all dangers or threats to the welfare of the UC and know the
whereabouts of all UC at all times. Complete safety checks as
expected. Complete monitoring of UC as stated in policy and
document that monitoring according to policy and regulations.
- Implement any behavior plan, risk protocol or other safety
measure in accordance with Kidshaven protocols and the direction of
the clinical team. Provide support and de-escalation to the UC as
- Supervise the UC's on-campus movement with a strong commitment
to safety. Transport UC's to off-campus activities and/or scheduled
consults utilizing program vehicles (if allowed by individual
driving status) when necessary and as required.
- Demonstrate care, compassion, respect, integrity, truthfulness
and ethical behavior with the UC as well as interactions with other
staff members within the program and the organization as a
- All other duties assigned by direct supervisor or KidsPeace
Leadership. Qualifications (Education, Training and
- High School graduate or equivalent required. College education
in Mental Health or related field preferred.
- Fluency in English and Spanish (demonstrated competency in oral
and written communication) required.
- Valid driver's license preferred.
- Experience in working with children or adolescents required
(minimum 1 year)
- Must have the ability to work evenings, weekends, holidays,
flexible hours and overtime as required.
- Must have covid Vaccine
- Tuition reimbursement/student loan forgiveness
KidsPeace offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package
including generous paid time off.
Keywords: KidsPeace, Bethlehem , Behavioral Aide - Spanish Bilingual, Other , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!