Company: Morningstar Living
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Job DescriptionMorningstar Living is currently hiring a Full
Time Activities Coordinator to plan and implement meaningful life
activities for the nursing care residents at our Moravian Hall
Square campus in Nazareth, PA. This opportunity provides benefits
including health insurance, 401k, paid time off and more!The
primary purpose of the Activities Coordinator is to assist in
planning, implementing, and evaluating group and individual
meaningful life activities in order to meet residents'
psychosocial, physical and cognitive leisure/recreational needs.
The Activities Coordinator position assists other team members in
following resident care plans for therapeutic activity intervention
and assisting with community programs as needed with occasional
evening entertainment.At Morningstar Living, we encourage both our
residents and team members to "Be where you shine!" We value our
team members and strive to ensure they experience the same genuine
care we provide to our residents and home care clients. We ask you
to join our Mission of Making a Difference...by enriching life's
journey for all we serve.What will I do as an Activities
- Assists in the evaluation of residents' needs and interests to
develop an individualized plan of care with the input of the
resident and neighborhood team.
- Work with the neighborhood team to ensure completion of the
necessary paperwork to reserve/request transportation, money,
rooms, food, and beverage, volunteers, etc.
- Assists in the planning of creative, therapeutic and meaningful
life activities, outings, and special events based on residents
abilities and interests.
- Complete documentation of resident participation; provides
information needed to develop MDS's, progress notes and care plans
efficiently per Morningstar Senior Living guidelines.
- Creates innovative opportunities to enlist the aid and support
of community organizations, youth groups, and other groups of
individuals.What do I need to be an Activities Coordinator?
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one years' experience involving activity related
engagement, preferably in senior living.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including honesty, reliability,
courtesy, and tact to work well with older adult residents and
other staff members.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, every other
weekend and holidays.
- Good communication skills with residents, visitors, resident
families, and staff.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification.Why choose Morningstar
Living?Our organization opened the Moravian Hall Square campus in
1988. This location is now home to over 300 senior residents
experiencing the regions' best services in Assisted Living, Memory
Support Care, Rehabilitation, and Nursing Care.
- Moravian Hall Square is named to the U.S. News & World Report's
Best Nursing Homes!
- We have a FIVE-Star rating from the Centers for Medicare and
- Moravian Hall Square was awarded BEST in Senior Health Care
Services in Morning Call's 2022 Readers' Choice Awards.Our focus at
Morningstar Living is to maintain the health and wellness of our
customers, by being the conduit for each customer to live life
well. And there is no greater joy and satisfaction than the
friendship and bond you will build with our customers, along with
the supportive, caring team around you. But the best part? You have
the ability to work a schedule that works for you and your
family... because work-life balance is key to your formula for
success.Morningstar Living offers a comprehensive package of
benefits for every team member to include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits with low deductibles
- Competitive Wages
- Daily Pay Option
- Paid Time-Off
- Company Sponsored 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On-Site Fitness CenterMorningstar Living is an Equal Employment
Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its hiring or
employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration without regard to their race, color, creed, religion,
national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by State or Federal
Keywords: Morningstar Living, Bethlehem , Activities Coordinator, Other , Nazareth, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!