Company: The Gardens at Stroud
Posted on: November 24, 2022
The Gardens at Stroud - **Newly Increased Payrates**
Gardens at Stroud is seeking an Activities Assistant to join our
skilled nursing facility -in Stroudsburg, PA.
You would conduct activities for residents, under the direction of
the Director of Activities.
Starting at $13.50+/hr
*New* Now offering Education Assistance:
Get up to $5,250 per year towards tuition* or
Get up to $2,625 per year towards paying off a Non-Federal Nursing
Responsibilities:The Activities Assistant is responsible for
ensuring that the emotional, recreational, and social needs of the
residents are met and maintained on an individual basis.
- Assists residents to accomplish normal activities of living,
ex: writing letters, making phone calls, registering to vote,
- Assists with record keeping of residents' progress and activity
- Assist mail delivery, escorting residents to the activity
programs, flower/plant care within the facility, pet/fish care,
preparation of monthly newsletter, fund-raising efforts, and making
morning announcements over P.A. system.
- Directs or carries out a program of activities which will
provide entertainment, inter-communication, exercise, relaxation,
and opportunities to express creative talents and fulfill basic
psychological, social, and spiritual needs as planned by the
- Provides the resident with craft supplies, materials, and
equipment and supervises patients during craft activities.
- Helps the residents to utilize their potential by encouraging
them to work on crafts, paints, etc.
- Graduate of an accredited high school or GED
- Previous long-term care or experience working with the elderly
or disabled is desirable
- Available to work every other weekend and holidays
- Covid Vaccine required unless an approved exemption is
presented upon hiring
We strive to provide our employees with a comprehensive and
affordable benefits package including:
Medical and Prescription Drug, Dental, Vision Care, -
Telemedicine Program, -
Company-Paid Group Life Insurance,
Voluntary Term Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability,
401(k) Savings Plan, -
Employee Assistance Program (EAP),
Commuter Benefits, -
and Planned Time-Off (vacation, personal, sick, and state sick).
Buddy Bonus: Bring a friend with you when you are hired and you'll
each be awarded $1,000 on your first month's paycheck
Dailypay: The ability to freely view your paycheck as it accrues
daily, with the option to withdraw it daily for nominal fee
Such benefits, as well as bonus and variable compensation plans,
are based on applicable state law and factors such as pay
classification (full-time, part-time, or casual), job grade,
location, and length of service
Keywords: The Gardens at Stroud, Bethlehem , Activities Assistant, Other , Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!