Company: Blooming Glen Contractors, Inc.
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Blooming Glen Contractors, Inc.H&K does not discriminate in
employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color,
religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veterans'
status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are always
looking for the best, most qualified people to join our
team.Pre-employment drug testing (EOE)Great Benefits
offered!Location: US-PA-PerkasieJob ID: 2022-1678Category:
ContractingJob Type: Regular Full-TimeOverviewBlooming Glen
Contractors, a partner with the H&K Group, Inc., located in
Blooming Glen, PA, is looking for a Pipe Foreman to plan and
coordinate work being done on a pipe crew and to direct activities
of workers. Blooming Glen Contractors, Inc. (BGC) is a family owned
and operated heavy civil construction services and site contracting
company based in Perkasie, Pennsylvania. BGC provides full-service
site contracting and heavy civil construction services in the
following core service areas: complete site and land development,
demolition, transportation & structures, water & wastewater,
design-build and value engineering and emergency response.Founded
in 1971, BGC remains dedicated to providing our customers and
clients with exceptional service and finished products of the
highest quality.Why work for Blooming Glen Contractors, Inc.?
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- 100% Company-paid Health Benefits
- 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan
- Tuition reimbursement programs available to qualifying
employees for approved programs
- Company provided on-the-job transportation to meet job
responsibilities ResponsibilitiesEssential Duties and
- Performs all work according to OSHA and H&K Safety
- Reads blueprints and job-related documents to properly plan
- Records daily events in job diary.
- Schedules materials, equipment, and work for the crew. Develops
crew SIP's and submits to site foreman.
- Tracks daily quantities and submits to site foreman.
- Conducts daily huddles with crew to establish daily production
goals and ensures all members of crew know and buy into the plan
for the day.
- Communicates goals and purposes effectively. Lead and
demonstrate by example.
- Influences and enforces company values. Recognizes
misalignments with company values and culture and rectifies.
- Pro-actively trains and mentors crew members to enhance their
skills and knowledge.
- Communicates with customer representatives and inspectors in a
courteously and professionally.
- Performs all other duties of crew members as needed.
- Other duties as assigned QualificationsRequired Skills,
Education, and ExperienceTo perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and work environment
for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or
university OR one year of related experience and/or training
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be
- Ability to read blueprints and job-related documents.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical
procedures, and governmental regulations
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from
groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Mathematical skills including probability and statistical
inference, fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and
- Ability to apply concepts to practical situations
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Problem solving
- Basic computer skills including Internet, email, and the use of
digital cameras for work documentation
- Driver's license and clean driving record
- Ability to fit test & utilize appropriate PPE as needed
- Ability to meet physical requirements (movement, lifting, as
relevant to job)Preferred Skills, Education, and Experience
- Two years of related experience and/or training
- Supervisory experience
- OSHA or other relevant safety certificationsPhysical DemandsThe
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally
required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up
to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.Work
EnvironmentThe work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The
employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes
or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is
usually moderate.Thank you for your interest in employment with
H&K Group, Inc. At H&K, we invest in our people, providing
the essential training, instruction and supervisory support that
they need to develop and grow within our company. We acknowledge
that H&K's strength and success is directly related to our
employees and the talents, dedication and job performance they
exemplify. We seek dynamic, motivated people who are driven to make
a difference.H&K does not discriminate in employment
opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, age, disability, veterans' status, or any
other characteristic protected by law. We are always looking for
the best, most qualified people to join our team.Pre-employment
drug testing (EOE)Pre-employment Physical 100% Company-Paid Health
Keywords: Blooming Glen Contractors, Inc., Bethlehem , Pipe Foreman, Other , Perkasie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!