Administrative Assistant - Bereavement Services
Company: St. Luke's University Health Network
Posted on: September 22, 2022
St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of
its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable
asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to
satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering
commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured;
educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and
improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a
patient's ability to pay for health care.The Administrative
Assistant performs administrative duties, facilitates communication
among the organization, the Network, and the community. JOB DUTIES
- Accurately arranges and schedules meetings and appointments,
- May complete payroll documentation and submit according to
- Composes routine correspondence for signatures.
- Maintains files of contracts and correspondence and related
materials electronically and paper, when appropriate.
- Works interactively within Department in continuing own
development through active participation in in-services and/or
continuing education programs.
- Communicates effectively via telephone, screening calls and
referring to appropriate person.
- Maintains awareness of department budget and works within its
- Keeps organizational policy and procedure manuals and documents
- Responsible for preparing meeting packages, as directed.
- Responsible for taking minutes and attends other meetings as
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of dictation systems,
Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft
PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft
Outlook, and other computer systems as needed.
- Design and maintain databases as needed.
- Promptly handles complaints as appropriate.
- Setting up meetings, meeting rooms, meeting packages and
resources required for those meetings as directed.
- Responsible for assisting Administrator to achieve the Agency
goals through patient interaction, correspondence, responsiveness
and proactive communications.
- Utilizes good problem solving skills.
- Assists in gathering and recording data as requested.
- Takes responsibility for complaints to be handled according to
Network policy assuring complete follow through.
- Other related duties as assigned. PHYSICAL AND SENSORY
REQUIREMENTS: Occasionally lift and/or carry 50 lbs. Frequently
lift and/or carry 25 lbs. Being able to frequently lift or carry
objects weighing up to 25 pounds is often more critical that being
able to lift up to 50 lbs at a time. Stand and/or walk at least 6
hours in an 8-hour work day. -Stooping (bending at the waist) and
crouching (stooping and bending at the knee) - required frequently.
- -Handling (grasping) - required frequently. -Fingering (fine
manipulation) - required only occasionally. EDUCATION: Graduate
from a secretarial/business administration program preferred.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Ability to complete clerical and
secretarial duties. Tact, courtesy, initiative, sound judgment and
the ability to follow direction. Five years experience as a
secretary or administrative assistant. Ability to work with people
in a diplomatic manner. Ability to work independently or with
minimal supervision. Computer proficiency in basic and some
advanced features of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access,
Visio and Adobe Acrobat. Please complete your application using
your full legal name and -current home address. -Be sure to
-include -employment history for -the past seven (7) years,
including your present employer. - Additionally, you are
-encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history,
education, and/or certifications and -licenses, if applicable. -It
is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion
of submitting your first application. -Thank you for your interest
in St. Luke's!!
Keywords: St. Luke's University Health Network, Bethlehem , Administrative Assistant - Bereavement Services, Other , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!