Company: St. Luke's University Health Network
Posted on: September 20, 2022
St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of
its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable
asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to
satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering
commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured;
educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and
improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a
patient's ability to pay for health care.This position is
responsible for scheduling all types of Gastrologic procedures, Lab
and Diagnostic test scheduling and coordination as well as follow
up with physicians and patients as needed. Maintains physician
schedule and acts as and/or assists other front office staff as
required. Performs general clerical support activities.
JOB SUMMARY AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates the scheduling of surgeries with the patient's and
- Schedules all patient diagnostic tests and appointments
- Verifies patient eligibility and coverage for the procedure
using an online application or the telephone; if patient is not
eligible on date of service, or procedure is not a covered benefit,
explains this to patients.
- Counsels patients pre-operatively regarding their potential
financial obligations, and provides information about patient
- Discusses pre-operative instructions with the patient, as
directed by physicians.
- Schedules operating room time, according to physician
scheduling protocols; faxes H&P to hospital admitting
- Schedules all appropriate pre-operative tests and blood
- Coordinates all business and clinical paperwork to obtain
clearances prior to surgery, using physician-approved forms and
checklists; has paperwork ready for surgeon prior to the day of
- Open and close office as required.
- Assists physicians and advanced practitioners with daily
follow-up phone calls to discharged patients as outlined in office
- Thoroughly and accurately documents all patient correspondence
in the appropriate section of the patient's chart.
- Actively participates in maintaining and/or improving quality
improvement initiatives regarding physician billing and patient
- Takes active role in facilitation team approach to functions
within the department:
- Communicates with lab managers to obtain approval and optimize
- Attends departmental meetings.
- Actively participates as a team member in resolution of
problems as they are identified.
- Analyzes current procedures, bringing suggestions for
improvement to the attention of team members and supervisor for
- Attends training classes
- Assist and support the roles of the front-office staff.
- Answer telephone, performs call confirmations and prioritizes
calls and coordinate service with answering service.
- Performs check in and check out process
- Manages In basket messages and referral work ques
- Works with physician, mid-level practitioner as directed.
- Assists in capturing accurate patient demographic
- Utilize computer system to schedule appointments and track
- Actively participates in quality improvement programs.
- Communicates effectively and maintains patient
- Demonstrates professional behavior
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Requires sitting, standing and walking for extended periods of time
(up to 8 hours at a time). Continually uses fingers for patient
care, writing and handling patient charts. Routinely uses upper
extremities; occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Occasionally push
cart with supplies up to 30 pounds. Occasionally push wheelchair
with patient weighing up to 325 pounds. Stoop, bend and reach above
shoulder level regularly. Hearing as it relates to normal
conversation . General vision, near-vision, peripheral are all
EDUCATION:High school diploma required and college background
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Two years of related experience preferred.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and
-current home address. -Be sure to -include -employment history for
-the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. -
Additionally, you are -encouraged to upload a current resume,
including all work history, education, and/or certifications and
-licenses, if applicable. -It is highly recommended that you create
a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application.
-Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!
Keywords: St. Luke's University Health Network, Bethlehem , Procedure Scheduler, Other , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!