MT/MLT/MLS middle shift
Company: St. Luke's University Health Network
Posted on: May 13, 2022
St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of
its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable
asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to
satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering
commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured;
educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and
improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a
patient's ability to pay for health care.The Medical Technologist
performs waived, moderate and highly complex laboratory tests.
Assumes responsibility for teaching/training of students and/or new
employees, problem-solving and quality control. Performs special
assignments as delegated.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs laboratory tests according to established protocols as
designated by supervisor/manager.
- Operates laboratory instrumentation as necessary to perform
- Trouble shoots instrumentation with the aid of consulting
- Performs routine tests in other network laboratories as
- Performs phlebotomy duties as assigned.
- Assumes responsibility for problem solving, teaching students
and/or new employees, quality control and instrument
- Monitors inventory of supplies and reports low volume to the
- Accurately transcribes test results or enters results into
laboratory information system.
- Follows established policies regarding proper documentation of
critical values, reagent lot numbers and other quality assurance
- Attends continuing education or training sessions inside and/or
outside the hospital campus to meet minimum standards of
- Demonstrates competency in assigned areas of
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Sitting up to 7 hours per day - 2 hour increments. Standing up to 5
hours per day - 2 hour increments. Walking - up to 7 hours per day
- short increments. Frequently uses fingers to manipulate small
vials, pipetting, etc. Continuous use of hands for operation of
laboratory equipment and computer keyboard. Occasional lifting of
boxes/equipment up to 30 lbs. Occasional pushing/pulling of
equipment. Frequent stooping, bending. Occasional crouching.
Frequent reaching above shoulder level and stretching across work
area (30" depth). Hearing asit relates to normal, high and low
frequencies. Seeing as it relates to general, far, near, color and
peripheral vision. Depth perception. Ability to palpate veins.
MLS/MT/MLT (ASCP) or equivalent
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Successful completion of an accredited MLS/MT/MLT program or
equivalent work experience.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and
-current home address. -Be sure to -include -employment history for
-the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. -
Additionally, you are -encouraged to upload a current resume,
including all work history, education, and/or certifications and
-licenses, if applicable. -It is highly recommended that you create
a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application.
-Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!
Keywords: St. Luke's University Health Network, Bethlehem , MT/MLT/MLS middle shift, Other , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!