Patient Care Assistant - Upper Bucks Med Surg 3 (Full Time days)
Company: St. Luke's University Health Network
Posted on: January 16, 2022
St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of
its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable
asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to
satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering
commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured;
educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and
improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a
patient's ability to pay for health care.The Patient Care Assistant
is responsible for providing patient care. The Patient Care
Assistant participates in date collection, planning and
implementation of patient care. JOB DUTIES AND
- Welcomes and/or assists all individuals when they arrive in the
unit in a professional, friendly and efficient manner.
- Provide technical assistance to the PICC nurse before, during
and after PICC insertions. Including but not limited to the use of
sterile technique when assisting the RN placing the PICC line.
- Gathers appropriated information to complete the patient
- Completes patient registration process as needed
- Assembles and maintains order of the outpatient record.
- Prepares chart documents to be picked up by medical records and
scanned into chart and/or scan documents into HPF to get into
electronic medical record.
- Triage/Prioritize calls and distributes to RNs in the clinic
- Demonstrates knowledge of registration as it relates to
electronic medical record.
- Works assigned patient and account work ques as assigned to
- Demonstrates knowledge as it relates to Cadence Snap Board
- Schedules patients using Cadence Snap Board Scheduling.
- Accurately enters orders through electronic medical
- Performs clinical procedures within scope of practice.
- Performs the following tasks as assigned:
- Vital Signs
- Phlebotomy - both lab draws and therapeutic phlebotomy.
- Prepare charts for next day's patients. - Including but not
- Calling offices for physician orders.
- Ensuring all physician orders has a written diagnosis on the
- Ensuring all orders are current and have active date of
- Ensuring all documents needed are in patients chart for
treatment, orders, consent, labs, etc.
- Updates answers to questions in Cadence Scheduling as
necessary. PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS: Sit up to 7 hours per
day; 1 hour at a time. Stand for up to 10 hours per day; 8 hours at
a time. Walk 6 hours per day; 10 minutes at a time. Consistently
lift, carry and push objects up to 10 lbs. occasionally lift, carry
and push objects up to 75 lbs. Transport patients weighing up to
250 lbs. via wheelchair, bed and/or stretcher. Frequently stoop and
bend. Frequently reach above shoulder level. Must be able to
perceive attributes of an object through touch. Must be able to
hear as it relates to normal conversation, and high and low
frequencies. Must be able to see as it relates to general, near,
far, color and peripheral vision. EDUCATION: High School graduate
or GED preferred. -Health care specialty training preferred.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Evidence of successful completion of BLS
or completion within 60 days -of hire. - Attend St. Luke's Health
Network Associate Patient Care Course or evidence of previous
training determined through competency testing. Please complete
your application using your full legal name and -current home
address. -Be sure to -include -employment history for -the past
seven (7) years, including your present employer. - Additionally,
you are -encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work
history, education, and/or certifications and -licenses, if
applicable. -It is highly recommended that you create a profile at
the conclusion of submitting your first application. -Thank you for
your interest in St. Luke's!!
Keywords: St. Luke's University Health Network, Bethlehem , Patient Care Assistant - Upper Bucks Med Surg 3 (Full Time days), Other , Quakertown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!