Registered Dietician $50.75/hour
Company: PLEASANT VALLEY MANOR
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Job Title: Registered Dietician
Job Type: Contract
Shift Type: Part-Time (About 25 Hours/Week)
We are actively seeking a contract Registered Dietician for a
part-time role. As a Registered Dietician, you are responsible for
establishing and maintaining nutritional levels for our residents.
If you are a detail-oriented individual focused on residents'
dietary requirements and quality of life, who can effectively
collaborate with teams of individuals to provide dietetic services,
then we'd like to talk to you about this flexible work
Pleasant Valley Manor is a premier non-profit long-term care
facility located in the idyllic foothills of the Pocono Mountains
near Stroudsburg, PA, with caring roots in our community since
1974, delivering unparalleled quality and compassionate resident
care with a focus on individual resident needs, and delivering
positive outcomes for residents and their families.
Duties and responsibilities of a Registered Dietician include, but
are not limited to, the following:
· Plans, organizes, develops, implements, and interprets the
programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc. necessary
for providing dietetic services.
· Performs nutritional assessments for newly admitted and
readmitted residents, and documents accordingly in the medical
record. Interviews each new admission and re-admissions to assess
their nutritional needs and food/fluid preferences and maintains
records of such. Prepares the MDS and Care Plans on admissions and
re-admissions. Performs nutritional assessments for identified high
risk residents, with 5-day and 14-day MDS reviews, and documents
accordingly in the medical record. Consults with the Medical
Director and the Director of Nursing, regarding residents'
· Monitors resident weights for trending or significant weight
changes as obtained from the nursing staff. Recommends appropriate
interventions and provide follow-up monitoring. Monitors nursing
staff's timely obtaining of weights and notifies Nursing
Administration of missing weights.
· Coordinates the Nutrition At Risk ("NAR") Program for those with
significant weight changes. Supervises the weekly NAR Team Meetings
of interdisciplinary staff. Maintains weekly reports.
· Participates in QAPI meetings.
· Provides Administration with a monthly NAR summary report.
· Attends and provides recommendations at the weekday morning
inter-disciplinary care rounds.
· Verifies diet changes as ordered by the Attending Physician and
recommends diet changes as indicated.
· Maintains nutrition care plan for all residents.
· Identifies residents who may be appropriate for a change in level
of care as demonstrated by decline in condition and makes
recommendations to the Attending Physician and interdisciplinary
· Reviews and approves cycle menu for residents with seasonal
· Serves as resource person when nutrition charting documentation
changes or requires revisions.
· Interprets lab values of residents and makes recommendations
· Determines nutrient needs in assessments and determines fluid
goals for residents. Coordinates and approves special menus as
requested and planned.
· Oversees the Clinical Nutrition Assistant in completing low risk
assessments; 30-, 60-, and 90-day quarterly and annual MDS
assessments; and provides ongoing education as deemed
· Coordinates schedules with the Clinical Nutrition Assistant to
ensure proper coverage.
· Assists the Food Service Director with the organization,
direction, and administration of the overall operation of the
· Completes annual performance review appraisals for Clinical
Nutrition Assistant position and reviews with the
· Serves as a management resource during the State Survey visits
and provides input and documentation as requested by
· Submits to the clinical care team all resident food preferences
on admissions and readmissions and any changes in food preferences
requested by the resident, nursing, or the therapy staff.
· Reviews Dietary Department policies/procedures, updates diet
manual as appropriate, and informs the Administrator of all
· Reviews and approves any menu changes and revisions in seasonal
cycle menus for nutritional adequacy and resident acceptance and
therapeutic diets, and makes recommendations accordingly.
Communicates resident food preferences with Dietary Department
personnel as required.
· Reviews food temperature, dishwasher temperature, and PH logs
monthly and reports issues to the Administrator.
· Reviews results of monthly Menu Review Meetings held between
residents and the Dietary Department and makes recommendations
· Reviews diet manual at timely intervals and updates
policies/procedures as appropriate in communication with nursing
· Monitors interactions between the Physical Therapy Department and
the Dietary Department on issues of diet texture concerns.
· Reviews nutritional supplements being provided to residents and
communicates to management staff issues with ordering and
· Validates all communications between the Dietary Department and
the nursing staff regarding diet changes, changes in food requests
and Attending Physician consult requests.
· Provides nutrition education classes where required by the
facility or as part of a compliance plan of correction for the
Department of health or other regulatory entity. If required by the
facility, additional hours, at the stated hourly rate, will be
agreed upon to perform these education sessions.
· Provides hygienic dietetic services which meets the daily
nutritional needs of the residents, while providing palatable and
· Involves the resident and/or the resident's family in planning
objectives and goals for the resident.
· Visits each resident, every three (3) months, or more frequently
if required, and records findings on residents' charts, as well as
any medical change in diet. Visits monthly (or more frequently if
required) each tube feed resident and residents with staged skin
areas and records findings on residents' charts. Monitor treatment
books on all Units for staged skin areas and chart on residents at
· Revises and approves cycle menus (as prepared by the Dietary
Director): including regular, therapeutic, Holiday, and special
· Maintains an up-to-date Diet Manual, which is available for use
by the attending physicians, nursing staff and Dietetic personnel
in the facility.
· Maintains records of diet orders and changes, nutritional care
plans and nutritional counseling afforded to the facility's
· Revises and approves menus (as prepared by the Dietary Director),
with regard to the cultural backgrounds and food habits of
residents, and keeps records of general and therapeutic diets.
· Evaluates present supplements and vitamins for continued use,
· Follows through with the correction of any deficiencies noted by
State or Federal inspectors, relating to dietetics.
· Assists with acquainting employees with health and safety
standards of the Dietary Department
· Conducts monthly inspections of the Dietary areas.
· When appropriate and in accordance with facility policies, makes
recommendations regarding employees' discipline, advancement,
suspensions or discharge.
· Attends staff and/or committee meetings, as required or as
directed by the Administrator.
· Provides appropriate educational programs for residents and
· Orders food and fluids recalls to determine Kilocalorie protein
and fluid needs of residents
· Prepare monthly weight report by evaluating weights for 30-, 90-,
and 180-day intervals.
· Attends Care Plan meetings in the absence of the Dietary
· Performs similar or related duties, as required.
· Current/valid A.D.A. registration, with PA RD/LDN. All other
unrestricted and unconditional required licenses and certifications
relating to the position.
· Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel,
residents, family members, government agencies, and the general
· Must possess ability to interpret and exhibit knowledge of laws,
regulations and guidelines pertaining to the provision of dietetic
· Knowledgeable of Point-Click-Care electronic documentation and
reporting system a plus.
· Working knowledge of MS Office, computers, data entry, output,
· Ability to examine, understand, and verify dietetic documents and
reports. Must be able to prepare reports in a systematic, neat and
· Ability to function independently, have flexibility, personal
integrity and the ability to work effectively with residents,
personnel and support agencies.
· Temperature screenings.
· Mandatory once-a-week COVID testing.
· Free voluntary COVID vaccinations for employees.
· PPE required and provided.
· Social distancing guidelines in place.
· Escalated sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning measures.
Pleasant Valley Manor is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We do
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender,
sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, or any other state and federal
Keywords: PLEASANT VALLEY MANOR, Bethlehem , Registered Dietician $50.75/hour, Other , Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!