Posted on: November 23, 2021
K & H Technologies, Inc., provider of R&D to Quaker Color,
Inc., is looking for a R&D chemist to join its team. Quaker
Color is a Specialty Chemical Company servicing the global coatings
industry through its highly efficient manufacturing capabilities
and innovative technology. Our wide range of products can be found
in several markets, including Automotive Leather, Leather,
Synthetic Leather, Automotive Interiors, Plastic Coatings, Metal
Coatings, Wood Coatings, Industrial Coatings, Building &
Construction Coatings, Paper Coatings, Textile Coatings, Rubber
Coatings, Electronic Coatings, and Industrial Grade Pigment
Dispersions. Job Requirements:Primary Responsibilities:
- Synthesizing waterborne polymers for the various markets we
- Rational design of polymer architectures to achieve targeted
- Troubleshooting & resolving issues using analytical tools
- Work with multiple functions within the organization to drive
novel coating systems to commercialization
- Develop intellectual property protection for key innovation.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of Statistical software with Minitab & SPSS for
creating the design of experiments for lab bench experiments.
- Polymer synthesis, polyurethane dispersion tech, paint
- Polymer & coatings characterization, especially
- Instrument techniques such as Dynamical Mechanical Analysis
(DMA), Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC), Dynamic Contact
Analyzer (DCA), Thermo-Gravimetric Analysis (TGA), Scanning
Electron Microscope (SEM), Fourier Transform Infrared Analysis
(FTIR), and Optical Microscope
Keywords: Careerbuilder-US, Bethlehem , Polymer Chemist, Other , Quakertown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!