Trade Compliance Sr. Specialist
Company: Olympus Corporation of the Americas
Location: Center Valley
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Working Location: PENNSYLVANIA, CENTER VALLEY; CALIFORNIA, SAN
JOSE; MASSACHUSETTS, WESTBOROUGH; MINNESOTA, BROOKLYN PARK
Are you looking for a company that cares about people's lives and
health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people's lives
healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day.
Let's inspire healthier lives, together.
Job Description Olympus Corporation of the Americas ("OCA") is
looking for a Trade Compliance Specialist to assist with OCA's
compliance to Customs & Border Protection, Export Administration
and Census Regulations. This position will perform functions
related to auditing and executing post-summary / post-transactional
import/ export activities. Olympus Corporation of the Americas
("OCA") is looking for a Trade Compliance Specialist to assist with
OCA's compliance to Customs & Border Protection, Export
Administration and Census Regulations. This position will perform
functions related to auditing and executing post-summary /
post-transactional import/ export activities.
Job Duties * Participate in the new product introduction process by
classifying products in accordance with the Harmonized Tariff
Schedule and Export Administration Regulations.
* Work with all business units to secure product information to
ensure proper HTS classifications.
* Secure binding classification rulings whenever necessary.
* Utilize expertise in trade compliance operations for import and
* Provide support fulfilling the requirements of Temporary Import
Bonds, Special Trade and Tariff preferences and Partner Government
Agency requirements, namely the FDA.
* Assist with the management of trade related data in the ERP
systems and customs broker interfaces.
* Support the company's restricted party screening program for
denied, restricted, sanctioned parties.
* Serve as company liaison with customs brokers responding to
broker inquiries and determining problem resolution.
* Identify opportunities for implementing operating
* Engage with overseas affiliates, suppliers, and business units to
improve documentation, processes and data gathering.
* Assist in the development of work instructions/ desk procedures
to ensure import/export transactions comply with the
* Utilize ACE and AES data to report metrics and identify
inconsistencies with customs broker performance.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
* College Degree required.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience working with the US Customs
Regulations, Export Administration Regulations and Harmonized
* Other Considerations (travel/hours availability, etc.): Travel
* Licensed customs broker a plus or willingness to progress towards
* Must have critical thinking skills and be detailed oriented.
* Excellent research and analytical skills.
* Excellent writing skills and effective verbal communication
* Proficient in Microsoft office.
We realize work isn't just a job to you.
It's a big part of your life, but not the only part. That's why we
offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus
program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition
reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave,
on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks - so you can be
ready for where life can take you.
Olympus is passionate about the solutions it creates for the
medical, life sciences, and industrial equipment industries, as
well as cameras and audio products. For more than 100 years,
Olympus has focused on making people's lives healthier, safer and
more fulfilling by helping detect, prevent, and treat disease,
furthering scientific research, ensuring public safety, and
capturing images of the world.
Olympus Corporation of the Americas, a wholly owned subsidiary of
Olympus Corporation, is headquartered in Center Valley,
Pennsylvania, USA, and employs more than 5,500 employees throughout
locations in North and South America. For more information, visit
Olympus...True to You. True to Society. True to LIFE.
It is the policy of Olympus to extend equal employment and
advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without
regard to race, color, national origin (including language use
restrictions), citizenship status, religious creed (including dress
and grooming practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth
and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression,
sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental)
and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran
status or service in the uniformed services, and any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local
Posting Notes: -- United States (US) -- Pennsylvania (US-PA) --
Center Valley --
Keywords: Olympus Corporation of the Americas, Bethlehem , Trade Compliance Sr. Specialist, Other , Center Valley, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!