Hospice Volunteer Coordinator | Part Time
Posted on: October 13, 2021
Caregiving is Our Calling
At Amedisys whether we're caring for patients directly or
supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every
team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional,
clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and
families every day.
In hospice, you'll be a true advocate for patients at the end of
life while maintaining autonomy and independence to support their
If you're looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you
can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every
day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do
As a volunteer coordinator for Amedisys you will collaborate with
the Hospice Director to develop, plan, coordinate and manage the
volunteer program and activities. You will perform outreach to
various community services and groups to promote volunteer
opportunities for the hospice care center.
- Determines need for volunteer services with the
patient/family/caregiver and entire hospice team.
- Supervises and evaluates volunteers
- Recruits, selects, and educates volunteers to meet the staffing
needs for hospice services
- Develops and maintains the volunteer orientation program.
- Maintains current volunteer personnel files and coordinates and
supports continuing education of volunteers
- Attends Interdisciplinary Team meetings as indicated and
participates in the development and revision of patients' plans of
care regarding volunteer services.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Bachelor degree in behavioral science or social science
- One year experience in a related field and volunteer
- One year supervisory experience
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national
origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual
orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other
legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we
have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide
and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for
eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental,
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and
Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education
- Fleet car for eligible employees
Keywords: Amedisys, Bethlehem , Hospice Volunteer Coordinator | Part Time, Other , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!