Assistant Produce Manager
Company: Restaurant Depot
Posted on: July 21, 2021
Assistant Produce Manager
Responsible for the receiving product and ensures that produce
boxes are stocked, fresh, labeled, clean and delivered product is
packed out, and proper customer service is provided. 95% or more of
the job is manual labor.
REM-04 WS-04 WS-TC
- Ensure proper customer service and works to develop relationships
with large customers.
- Supervises and works together with Produce Manager and Stocker/s
to assure that shelves are stocked, merchandise and rotated.
- Assists in developing schedules, monitors performance and
recommends the proper discipline as appropriate including
- Trains employees in job responsibilities and safe operating
procedures and interviews candidates and recommends for hires.
- Ensures that employees are performing the proper inspections to
meet HACCP regulations as well as conducting periodic HACCP
- Reviews inventory for product rotation on a daily basis to
prevent shrinkage and damages.
- Ensures that shelf pricing is correct and reflects the most
recent pricing and market conditions.
- Supervises and works alongside the Stocker/s in the receiving of
all deli products and ensures that the proper paperwork is
- Maintains accurate computer inventory levels by having physical
inventories performed on a regular basis and adjustments made.
- Maintains refrigerated equipment and makes sure maintenance
contracts and schedules are followed.
- Supervises the ordering of Produce products from vendors on a
regular basis to assure we have competitive pricing and minimal
shrink due to spoilage and not have too much inventory on hand.
- Makes sure all the employees in the department can work the
equipment such as a scale and Dennison label machine.
- Coordinates that the pallets stored in the racks have the proper
block and date tags.
- Follows program to maintain the cleanliness of the area by a
regular maintenance schedule of scrubbing, and pulling out pallets
and cleaning underneath.
Shift start: Based on route
Shift length: 9.5 hours
5 days/week, must be available any day
- Health, dental, vision insurance - available after 90 days
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan
Knowledge of HACCP systems is desirable Prior experience in produce
department including ordering and receiving products Creative
merchandising skills Ability to work in a refrigerated environment
(30 degrees) for extended periods of time At least 4 years
experience in customer service Must be willing to drive HI-LO/
- Must pass drug screen
- Can lift 50 lbs
- Must be at least 18+ years old
About Restaurant Depot
Restaurant Depot is a Members-Only Wholesale Cash & Carry
Foodservice Supplier. Their mission is to be your one-stop shop for
savings, selection, and service, seven days a week. They have been
supplying independent food businesses with quality products from
large cash and carry warehouse stores since 1990. They became the
leading low-cost alternative to other foodservice suppliers by
eliminating the overhead of a traditional distributor, focusing on
the needs of independent foodservice operators and offering free
Keywords: Restaurant Depot, Bethlehem , Assistant Produce Manager, Other , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!