Posted on: June 12, 2021
Join the most colorful company in the world!
At Crayola, we are for kids! We believe unleashing the wonder,
adventure and daydreams of every child begins with creative play
and color. Our products and experiences give colorful wings to the
invisible things in the hearts and minds of children. Come help us
create innovative, fun products that make kids smile by joining us
This position provides 24/7 high level electrical engineering
support for the operation, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance
of plant and facility systems across all Crayola plants and
businesses. This position is a key resource for new and obsolete
equipment control system design, installation, debug and
commissioning to the plant and facility. This position will be
responsible to identify, develop and implement continuous
improvement projects to reduce operation, maintenance costs and
increase reliability of legacy plant and facility equipment.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides high level industrial control systems demand
maintenance troubleshooting support in an automated high-speed
- Key resource for continuous improvement projects. Supplies
technical expertise, project implementation support and project
- Designs and implements approved industrial control systems to
upgrade obsolete equipment to stay in compliance and minimize
- Responsibilities include capital project development,
management; estimating, planning, scheduling, designing,
programming, testing, and commissioning control systems using the
latest industrial automation controls including PLCs, OITs and
- Reads, troubleshoots with and creates 2D AutoCAD electrical and
mechanical blueprints/schematics. Develops electrical concepts and
- Troubleshoots and repairs automated mechanical, hydraulic,
pneumatic equipment and systems.
- Performs all electrical work in accordance to NEC, NEMA, NFPA,
OSHA, UL and all other applicable electrical regulatory
- Supplies high level technical input for capital projects,
equipment procurement and Site Acceptance testing.
- Provides the accurate documentation of all plant and facility
software files, motor and electrical load lists, panel schedules
and electrical schematics in adherence to Crayola's policies.
- Leads maintenance team during the Annual High Voltage PM,
electrical infrastructure PM, facility transformer PM and infrared
scanning PMs on required devices at assigned facilities.
- Complies with federal and state Hazardous Waste regulations
including proper handling, storing, labeling, and familiarity with
Crayola's Emergency Action.
- Stays current with NEC, NEMA, NFPA, OSHA, UL and all other
applicable electrical regulatory policies.
- Associate Degree or Specialized Diploma in Electronics or
Electromechanical Technology field required.
- Minimum seven (7) years of manufacturing maintenance support
experience in electrical, electronics, and industrial controls; or
successful completion of the Crayola's Technical Apprenticeship
program - 2nd tier.
- Advanced PC Knowledge and expertise in using AutoCAD, MS Word,
Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint. Previous experience using data
- Must have high level knowledge of PLC, servo drives and HMI/OIT
programming, calibration of industrial instrumentation and
controlling devices. Process variables including but not limited to
level, temperature, weight, pressure and flow.
- Must have high level working knowledge of NEC, NFPA, OSHA, UL
and all other applicable regulations.
- Must have high level working knowledge of standard wiring
practices in accordance with NEC, NFPA and UL regulations.
- Demonstrate the ability to install industrial control devices
and program motor controllers.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical prints, P&ID and
- Extensive knowledge of safe work practices with up to 480VAC
3PH circuits on a routine basis.
- Extensive knowledge of safe work practices with voltages up to
35KV during annual ITM.
- Ability to develop, writes capital requests, implement and
manage medium size capital projects.
- Must be able to work with and coordinate hired
- Must be available to work overtime including Saturdays, Sundays
and holidays. Also must be available to accept calls during
non-standard work hours in order to support manufacturing demand
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently
required to walk; use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel
objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
and the ability to adjust focus. May require to work outside in
- Free Admission to Crayola Experience for Employees
- Community Volunteerism Opportunities
- Annual Bonus Potential For All FT Employees
- Company Matched 401k & Employee Value Sharing Plan
- Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits
- Education Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs
- Employee Resource Groups
- Generous Product Discounts Onsite & Online
- Onsite Cafeteria & Credit Union
- Option to Purchase Additional Vacation
- Company Sponsored Employee Events
- Discounts on a wide variety of products and services -
automotive, electronics, fitness, travel and entertainment
Crayola is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will be considered for employment without regard to
race, religious creed, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity, genetics, age, national origin, ancestry, physical
or mental disabilities, use of a guide or support animal for a
disability, a relationship to a person with a disability, veteran
status, having a GED (rather than a high school diploma), or any
other legally-protected status.
Search Firm Representatives:
Please Read Carefully.
Crayola LLC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited
resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Human
Resources is responsible for all vendor relationships and
establishing written contingent and retained search firm
agreements. Please do not contact Crayola employees directly. All
communication with search firm vendors should be directed to Human
Keywords: Crayola, Bethlehem , Electrical/Electronics Tech., Other , Easton, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!