Global Lead, Director Health Economics & Market Access
Location: Center Valley
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Working Location: MASSACHUSETTS, WESTBOROUGH; MASSACHUSETTS,
LITTLETON; MASSACHUSETTS, SOUTHBOROUGH; MASSACHUSETTS, WALTHAM;
Massachusetts, Boston; PENNSYLVANIA, CENTER VALLEY
Are you looking for a company that cares about people's lives
and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people's
lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day.
Let's inspire healthier lives, together.
The Global Lead, Health Economics & Market Access [ESD/TSD] is
part of Health Economics & Market Access (HEMA) and reports
directly to Executive Director, Global Healthcare Economics &
Market Access. This position is responsible for the global Health
and Market Access ESD/TSD business unit aligned HEMA strategy. The
incumbent will oversee the development and execution of global
value-based market strategies integrating health economics,
outcomes research and market access solutions across ESD-TSD
product stages and lifecycles.
- Responsible to ESD/TSD; to maximize efficiencies between global
and regional execution of market access/reimbursement.
- Provide strategic input into clinical trial design for relevant
endpoint selection: e.g. economic, humanistic, in support of value
- Lead the development and execution of a global HEMA strategy
and plan in coordination with market access/reimbursement aligned
to respective ESD/TSD business unit.
- Develop the Economic Value Proposition in the product
development process with cross-functional teams; and manage the
"value proposition" providing HEMA with timely deliverables at the
appropriate stage gate to demonstrate the differentiated value of
- Ensure that market access strategy requirements are recognized
and intrinsic to the product pipeline via Value Propositions.
- Collaborates closely with other functional areas to effectively
develop RFPs, select research partners, execute contracts, plan
budgets, develop analytical plans, oversee data
collection/acquisition, and develop research findings into
publications in alignment with Olympus' strategic imperatives.
- Ensure barriers to access are understood regionally and
systematically through close partnerships with regional/local HEMA
- Coordinate with Medical & Clinical Affairs and Regulatory
Affairs to ensure appropriate clinical support and guidance when
addressing reimbursement issues in order to foster the development
of Value Propositions.
- Lead collaboration with regional HEMA overseeing the
development of customer facing tools and programs for purchasers,
payers and policy makers.
- Ensure that market access is optimized via customer-facing
communication tools and messaging
- Oversee the planning and execution of HEOR studies and the
generation/dissemination of evidence of value (e.g., RWE, budget
impact models, HCP-reported outcomes, retrospective databases,
- Responsible to ensure the development of consistent tools and
methodologies to apply across the ESD/TSD products.
- Understands the unmet needs of non-clinical stakeholders (e.g.,
providers, payers and policy makers).
- Lead responses to inquiries regarding technology assessment
committees about the value of the ESD/TSD product.
- Liaises with regional stakeholders and customers to bring
feedback to the Global organization.
- Ensure that the business units understand the work that HEMA is
- Oversee the development and management of HEMA budget related
to business unit products.
- Perform other related job duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree in economics, health economics, or public
health (Masters, MPH, MD, DO, PharmD, RPH, DNSc or PhD)
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience, including a minimum of
5-7 years in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology or medical device
- In-depth knowledge of (US) healthcare systems including managed
care organizations, IDN's, Medicare and Medicaid; similar
experience in national HTA agencies (ICER, HAS, GBA, NICE,
etc)Previous successful track record of working in Health Economics
& Reimbursement for medical devices.
- Domestic and international travel 20%, including weekend and
evening travel as needed
- Track record of working effectively with other cultures and
- Performing economic data analysis, econometric modelling, and
real-world outcomes research in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology or
medical device industry
- Competency in medical science, epidemiology, clinical trials,
product development and outcomes research including research
methods, health economics, and related disciplines.
- Highly motivated self-starter who can work independently and in
a cross functional team setting, dealing with highly complex
- Record of peer-reviewed scientific publications, dossier
development, customer-facing tool development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and negotiation
skills across all levels of the organization and with external
payor and hospital value groups.
- Fluent in English, additional language is a plus
- Strong business management mind-set and the ability to
implement solutions that support the achievement of business
- Demonstrated ability to influence senior commercial leadership
and confidently defend informed recommendations
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and strategic thinking
- Impeccable attention to detail and ability to complete writing
assignments in a timely manner with minimal oversight.
- Successful track record of managing and balancing multiple
projects with overlapping timelines in a fast-paced and
- Track record of successful partnership & collaboration with key
stakeholders and business partners.
- Strong interpersonal skills, outstanding verbal and written
communication skills are essential.
- Experience working in a global cross-functional team
(functional/matrix) environment and experience working with groups
with varied cultural backgrounds and learning styles is
We realize work isn't just a job to you.
It's a big part of your life, but not the only part. That's why
we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual
bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as
tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption
leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks - so you
can be ready for where life can take you.
Olympus is passionate about the solutions it creates for the
medical, life sciences, and industrial equipment industries, as
well as cameras and audio products. For more than 100 years,
Olympus has focused on making people's lives healthier, safer and
more fulfilling by helping detect, prevent, and treat disease,
furthering scientific research, ensuring public safety, and
capturing images of the world.
Olympus' Medical business uses innovative capabilities in
medical technology, therapeutic intervention, and precision
manufacturing to help healthcare professionals deliver diagnostic,
therapeutic, and minimally invasive procedures to improve clinical
outcomes, reduce overall costs, and enhance the quality of life for
patients. Olympus' Medical portfolio includes endoscopes,
laparoscopes, and video imaging systems, as well as surgical energy
devices, system integration solutions, medical services, and a wide
range of endotherapy instruments for endoscopic and therapeutic
applications. For more information, visit
OlympusTrue To You. True To Society. True To LIFE.
It is the policy of Olympus to extend equal employment and
advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without
regard to race, color, national origin (including language use
restrictions), citizenship status, religious creed (including dress
and grooming practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth
and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression,
sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental)
and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran
status or service in the uniformed services, and any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local
Posting Notes: || United States (US) || Massachusetts (US-MA) ||
Keywords: Olympus, Bethlehem , Global Lead, Director Health Economics & Market Access, Other , Center Valley, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!