POSITION TITLE: Bakery Manager
REPORTS TO: Store Director/Bakery Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
To direct and supervise all functions of the bakery department.
Responsible for the overall direction and leadership of the
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Responsible for following merchandising plans for the
2) Responsible for ordering to maintain inventory control and
ensure freshness and product quality.
3) Responsible to order and maintain asset control of commercial
bread while ensuring freshness and product quality (specifically
Stroehman, Maier's, and private label.)
4) Enforce and follow all policies regarding receiving, dating,
and restocking to ensure product rotation.
5) Participate in shrink control.
6) Effectively schedule and supervise department employees.
7) Maintain and ensure compliance with company policies related
to safety and sanitation.
8) Maintain and submit required records and reports.
9) Monitor product quality and freshness
10) Maintain and ensure compliance with local, state, and
government weights and measures and health department
11) Oversee the baking and general production of the
12) Oversee the training of new bakery department employees.
13) Greet customers and provide prompt and courteous
14 ) Promote and maintain positive employee relations.
15) Maintain budgeted percentages related to sales distribution,
labor control, and shrink control.
16) Must be capable of decorating cakes.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Assist with the unloading of merchandise.
2) Monitor supply inventory to minimize out of stocks.
3) Filling and merchandising of entire sales area.
4) Participate in general cleaning and housekeeping in the
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1) Must have math skills at a level that would enable accurate
counting of merchandise.
2) Must have strong communications skills.
3) Must have dexterity of hands to enable bagging and packaging
4) Must be able to lift up to fifty (50) pounds up to fifty
percent (50%) of the time.