St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of
its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable
asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to
satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering
commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured;
educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and
improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a
patient's ability to pay for health care.
The Hospital Liaison will represent St Luke's Hospice to build
and enhance relationships with referral sources and facilitate
processing of hospice referrals. The Hospice Liaison will use
clinical knowledge and empathetic communication skills to explain
and educate about hospice services and evaluate for hospice
eligibility. The Hospice Liaison will collaborate with other VNA
departments to assure referral sources' needs are met and the
patient's progress seamlessly along the continuum of care. He/she
will work cooperatively with the Hospice team to identify, plan and
pursue growth opportunities.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitates processing of hospice referrals and continuity of
patient care by
acting as the Hospice representative at local health care
- Communicates with Intake Department and Clinical Managers re:
resources referral capacity.
Acts as a resource to hospital staff and the community regarding
home care and hospice.
- Validates referral information. Facilitates development of the
initial plan of care with
physicians, including evaluating for hospice eligibility and
communicating within the VNA as well as with other
community resources and vendors involved to assure continuity
and appropriateness of all services to meet the patient's
- Understands Third party coverage to assure appropriate
financial coverage for services ordered. Communicates any
financial responsible to patient and family as necessary.
- Develops and in-depth understanding of the needs and
preferences of each referral source
and the associated opportunities for the VNA to satisfy their
- Plans and presents educational forums to hospital staff,
medical community and
community at large as requested.
- Participates in department initiatives in marketing all VNA
programs to the Network and
- Maintain current knowledge of hospice regulations, industry
Assists in development of marketing literature.
- Creatively communicate St. Luke's home health/hospice mission
to all constituencies
through personal interaction and public forum.
- Maintains confidentiality of all materials handled within the
Network Entity as well as
the proper release of information.
- Complies with Network and departmental policies regarding
issues of employee, patient
and environmental safety and follows appropriate reporting
- Demonstrates/Models the Network's Service Excellence Standards
of Performance in
interactions with all customers (internal and external).
- Demonstrates Performance Improvement in the following areas as
Care/Outcomes, Customer/Service Improvement, Operational
- Demonstrates financial responsibility and accountability
through the effective and
efficient use of resources and activities to grow market
17.Complies with Network and departmental policies regarding
attendance and dress code.
Knowledge of the organization's programs and processes along
with understanding of the philosophy of Hospice.
Comprehensive knowledge of the process of supervision.
- Ability to recognize the needs and concerns of people and to
relationships in dealing with them.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,
to patients, families,
physicians, and related persons.
Ability to prepare neat, timely, accurate, and concise records
Ability to use independent judgment in planning and implementing
Ability to accept and utilize supervision.
Ability to exercise tact, initiative and good judgment in
dealing with people.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to establish rapport and trust with Home Health/Hospice
and other VNA and Network departments.
Non-judgmental attitude toward a variety of lifestyles.
Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities.
Ability to work in a reliable and independent manner.
Possession of a current license to operate a motor vehicle.
- Must have access to transportation to carry out necessary job
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Occasionally lift and/or carry 50 lbs
Frequently lift and/or carry 25 lbs
- Being able to frequently lift or carry objects weighing up to
25 pounds is often more
critical that being able to lift up to 50 lbs at a time
Stand and/or walk at least 6 hours in an 8-hour work day
- Very few medium occupations in the national economy are
performed primarily in a
- Stooping (bending at the waist) and crouching (stooping and
bending at the knee) -
required frequently in most medium jobs
Handling (grasping) - required frequently in most medium
- Fingering (fine manipulation) - required only occasionally in
most medium jobs
The functional capacity to perform medium work includes the
to perform sedentary and light work
Must be able to sit for at least 4 hours at a time. Must be able
to stand for up to 4 hours per day.
Must be able to walk 3 hours per day. Must be able to drive 4
hours per day. Must be able to
hear as it relates to normal conversation. Must be able to see
as it relates to general and near vision.
Graduate of State approved School of Nursing, Bachelors degree
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 3 years of successful, generalized hospice nursing,
one year with
liaison responsibilities in a similar setting preferred.
Must possess initiative, good problem-solving skills, and
- Must have a general familiarity of Microsoft Office and Outlook
Day shift with varying hours based on the needs of the
Please complete your application using your full legal name and
current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the
past seven (7) years, including your present employer.
Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume,
including all work history, education, and/or certifications and
licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a
profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application.
Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!
St. Luke's University Health Network is an Equal Opportunity