Expanded Function Dental Assistant
Why join a Heartland Dental supported office?
If you are a reliable and positive individual looking for career
satisfaction and continuing educational opportunities, join our
team! A Heartland Dental supported office is seeking a friendly
Expanded Duties Dental Assistant to support the clinical treatment
care of our patients. As an Expanded Duties Dental Assistant, you
will play a large role in the provision of effective and
trustworthy dental services. You will sustain patient comfort,
soothe upset patients, listen to their needs and educate them on
dental procedures. You will also manage clinical supplies, work
efficiently to maintain the supported dentist's schedule and adhere
to all OSHA and company safety policies.
We understand that you work hard, which is why each supported
location provides an excellent compensation and benefits package.
Additionally, Heartland Dental's extensive training and continuing
education opportunities are unparalleled and exceed industry norms.
Each supported location invests heavily in your professional and
personal growth and wants to see you succeed. If your career
ambitions include leadership and further advancement, our network
of supported locations offer many opportunities to help you meet
your goals. Heartland Dental's network of supported locations is
expected to double in size within the next five to seven years and
new opportunities will be created to support that growth.
- Medical and prescription drug insurance
- Free dental services for yourself and your dependents minus lab
- Vision care support
- Life insurance
- 401(K) retirement plan
- 6 paid holidays off
- Team-focused, uplifting and educational work culture
- Potential for 2 weeks vacation available
As an Expanded Function Dental Assistant, you will organize and
maintain lab equipment, take and develop X-rays and provide
comprehensive post-operative dental procedures to patients.
Additional responsibilities of the Expanded Duties Dental
- Taking and recording medical and dental histories and patient
- Assisting the dentist in managing dental emergencies
- Improving your clinical skills and acumen through participation
in continuing education and training opportunities offered by
Job Requirement - Expanded Function Dental Assistant - EFDA -
Dental Assistant :
As an Expanded Function Dental Assistant, you must have a
positive and outgoing personality, exceptional interpersonal verbal
and written communication skills, excellent patient care skills and
strong organizational skills.
Additional requirements for the Expanded Duties Dental Assistant
- Superior working knowledge of dental procedures and
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Good manual dexterity
- Computer proficiency and the ability to learn new programs
- Ability to travel at least once every other month for training,
- Dental assisting school certificate is a plus
- Previous work experience in a dental practice is a plus
We put our people first at Heartland Dental, and that shows in
our generous benefits package.
Company retains the sole discretion to change the duties of the
position at any time.
We provide all employees and applicants for employment the
protections of federal, state, and local laws affording equal
opportunity in employment.