Patient Access Representative - PerDiem - Nights
Company: St Luke's University Health Network
Posted on: June 12, 2021
St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of
its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable
asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to
satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering
commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured;
educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and
improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a
patient's ability to pay for health care.
To insure patient satisfaction, the Patient Access
Representative working in the Emergency Room Department
demonstrates/models network service excellence standards of
performance, core values, and customer service behaviors in
interactions with all customers both external and internal. The
Patient Access Representative is responsible for completing the
emergency registration process for patients seen at St. Luke's
Warren Campus. This includes the collection and accurate data entry
of all patient information into the computer system efficiently,
point of service cash collection and placement of any corresponding
orders and/or charges. Communicates effectively in interactions
with all customers (internal and external).
Hours: Flex scheduling
Available to work weekends and Holidays is a requirement
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets and directs patients and visitors for the entire
facility to provide friendly and courteous services at all
- Dispense information and answers questions regarding the
facility and its services.
- Communicate effectively with all departments to meet customer
- Answer the telephone in a timely manner with a friendly,
sincere welcome and assists and/or direct the caller to the
appropriate person or department.
- Accurately completes the registration process for any
procedure/admission as outlined by the department's policy and
- Accurately record in hospital computer system clean and concise
notes to track patient account activity and to communicate finances
with hospital patient care staff.
- Maintain knowledge of current insurance regulations and
policies. Responsible for contacting insurance companies to verify
benefits when applicable.
- Verifies all insurance/self pay through online eligibility
- Responsible for identifying, collecting, and recording self
pay, or co pay and/or deductibles when applicable prior to or at
time of registration. Online posting of credit card payments.
- Maintain a working knowledge of policies and procedures
pertaining to registration.
- Demonstrate efficiency and familiarity with hospital
- Provide other hospital departments and physician offices with
information or materials related to Warren Registration
- Provide St. Luke's Hospital with data and documents necessary
to produce a patient bill by conducting in-person or telephone
interviews with patient or facilities to gather demographic,
financial, guarantor, referring and primary care physician data, to
establish or verify an existing medical record number, and entering
the information into the hospital computer system
- Promptly resolve minor issues and inform manager, other
department manager or nursing supervisor of any significant patient
and visitor complaints
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations
and heavy patient/visitor volume.
- Assist with lost and found items, ensuring they get to the
- Responsible to ensure that the work environment remains neat,
clean and tidy, including the ED waiting room.
- Keep patients/families informed of wait times as
- Demonstrate competency with Downtime procedures for the
Hospital Information System and Lab Information System.
- Demonstrate familiarity and competency with the TTY and ATT
Language Lines for patients with hearing impairment/deafness.
- Provide assistance to coworkers during peak times and covers
for vacation, holiday and sick time.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the policies and procedures
pertaining to outpatient registration, order entry, and requests
for outpatient services including but not limited to outpatient
registration, order entry, and request for services.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Sitting up to 8 hours per day, 4 hours at a time. Frequent use
of hands/fingers for data entry. Occasional walking and ability to
push up to 250 pounds. Ability to occasionally carry or lift up to
10 pounds. Hearing as it relates to normal conversation. Seeing as
it relates to general vision.
High school graduate or equivalent required.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills required
(office setting preferred). General computer experience with data
entry required. Insurance background preferred. Knowledge of
medical terminology preferred.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and
current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the
past seven (7) years, including your present employer.
Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume,
including all work history, education, and/or certifications and
licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a
profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application.
Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!
St. Luke's University Health Network is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: St Luke's University Health Network, Bethlehem , Patient Access Representative - PerDiem - Nights, Other , Phillipsburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!