Company: Old Dominion Freight Line Inc
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The Management Trainee will receive hands on training in all
wage and salaried jobs in order to learn to manage a shift or an
operational area in a service center. Once hands-on training is
competed in each area the trainee fills in as a supervisor on
various shifts and departments. The trainee will learn to manage a
shift while emphasizing safety, quality, efficiency, service and
delivery. The trainee also completes assignments while being
assessed through knowledge indicators, writing papers, viewing
management videos, recommending process improvements on operating
procedures. Participates in ODTDT program to receive a CDL license,
participates in forklift training program and management and
leadership training courses as scheduled.
- Complete shift manager's training as an understudy with an
- Trainees will complete forklift job training knowledge and
production exercises on all jobs within the service center.
- Trainees will participate in ODTDT (Old Dominion Truck Driving
Training) program to obtain CDL license.
- Fill in as a supervisor on various shifts and departments.
- Completes department/area knowledge indicators and develops new
indicators and process and procedure change.
- Works in AS400 moving freight as needed throughout the system
and maintains records of efficiency, quality, cost, hot loads,
missed loads, etc.
- Works in SAP as needed to update payroll and employee
- Writes and submits monthly activity reports.
- Assigns work to employees according to daily schedule.
- Makes quick and informed decisions based on the volume levels
and communicates schedule to affected employees.
- Inspects working conditions of tools and equipment needed for
safe operation within the area and directs the correction of any
improper or adverse condition that exists.
- Approximately 15% travel to other service centers to learn the
operations and supervise in a different environment.
- Education: Bachelor's degree
- Good working knowledge of computer/PC software (WORD, EXCEL).
AS400 background helpful.
- Good communications skills, both Oral and Written
- Solid work history (if applicable)
- Professional appearance
- Must be open to relocation when trainee program is
Join the OD Family Today!
As a Full Time member of our Family, you are eligible to
- Health, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Flex Spending Accounts
- 401(k) retirement Plan
- Wellness Program
- Employee credit Union, Vacation & Holiday
- "Birthday Holiday" who doesn't love some extra attention on
Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc. is an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, gender identity, and/or gender expression, sexual
orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information,
military status, Vietnam Era and/or veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable law(s).
Keywords: Old Dominion Freight Line Inc, Bethlehem , Management Trainee, Other , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!