Sr. Regional Electrical Engineer
Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Our client, a worldwide supplier of chemicals and gases to the
industrial manufacturing sector (Food, steel, 3-D printing, power,
oil & gas, etc.) is looking for a Regional Sr. Electrical Engineer
to support their North American region. Bring your LARGE motor (Up
to 35K HP) skills and a background in troubleshooting 4,160V,
13.8KV and 138KV substations, High/Medium/Low voltage switchgear,
Motor Control Centers, Variable Frequency Drives, Battery & UPS
system, DCS & PLC Controls to the table for a great opportunity.
This role DOES require 30-50% travel regionally.
- Support the Company's US and Canada Operation by establishing a
culture of safety, technical competency, reliability, efficiency,
compliance, cost and customer service.
- Provide support and guidance to Regional Reliability Teams
- Provide technical, troubleshooting and maintenance support to
all chemical plants within the fleet for all electrical issues,
including 138kV substations, High/Medium/Low voltage switchgear,
Motor Control Centers, Variable Frequency Drives, Battery & UPS
system, DCS & PLC Controls, large motors up to 35,000HP. Excitation
controls, and reduced voltage motor starting equipment.
- Track emergent plant events and ensure that comprehensive
pro-active leadership of electrical support is provided. When
required provide local support on equipment repair at site or at a
local shop. Develop specifications and technical documents for
repair or replacement.
- Perform root cause analysis, develop lessons learned. Share
lessons and implement corrections.
- Support the Regions with the development of the detailed
electrical major maintenance work scope, budget, contractor
selection, execution strategy.
- Perform Reliability, Risk Assessment and Contingency reviews,
develop plans to reduce or eliminate gaps. Once approved, execute a
project to correct the gap found.
- Identify critical spare parts needed for electrical equipment
- Identify new and assess the effectiveness of existing
electrically related condition-based monitoring (CBM) tools,
techniques and practices. Review electrically related CBM and
reliability reports and data and agree specific actions, as
indicated, with the Regional and Area Management teams. Familiar
with Transformer Oil Analysis, Partial Discharge, Motor Circuit /
Current Signature Analysis, Infrared Inspection, vibration,
- Provide electrical technical support, review and approval of
changes using the Engineering Management of Change (EMOC) process.
Assist local personnel in developing proper engineering
documentation for performing any changes.
- Create or review and approving the application of electrical
equipment PM’s, work instructions, and related procedures. Review
the quality and completeness of electrical PM execution at plant
- Support operations in the Field for major maintenance,
upgrades, new plant checkout and commissioning. Perform full loop
checks and functional testing of equipment in test position, prior
to plant startup. Provide support during plant restart.
- Provide electrical equipment scope, proposal estimates,
technical documents and execution support to the Project Execution
team for large capital improvements projects and re-life
- Supervise and Assess the technical competency of electrical
contractors and service providers to ensure proper scope is
assigned and the expected quality is received.
- Track within the (EAM) Enterprise Asset Management system,
monitor history and condition of key electrical equipment at plants
to determine and prioritize Fiscal Year major maintenance scopes
and requirements, including obsolescence aspects.
- Responsible for understanding, applying and training NFPA 70E
to plant personnel as well as reviewing contractor electrical
- Perform Electrical Safety Reviews at site locations.
- Perform general electrical training at site locations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years of electrical engineering experience in
Operations Support, Reliability or Engineeringand Installation of
Industrial Process Plants, power distribution.
- Excellent leadership skills
- Possesses strong communications skills at all levels
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to follow through to completion on
projects and solutions • Demonstrated ability to work cohesively in
a team environment or independently as required
- Demonstrated ability to challenge the status quo and improve
- Knowledgeable in plant operations. Can effectively identify and
evaluate technical and business process opportunities and translate
to financial terms to support investment and business case
- Continuous improvement drive and ability to implement change in
a geographically diverse organization. Relentless drive to
challenge the status quo.
- Management by influence – experience delivering results in a
highly matrixed organization and the ability to influence others to
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple activities and
achieve results with minimal supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated exceptional operational safety leadership
- Proven experience in the installation, maintenance and
troubleshooting of low/medium/high voltage substations, switchgear,
transformers, motors, distribution systems and associated
protection and support equipment
- Proven experience in electrical short circuit analysis, relay
protection settings & coordination, power quality analysis, high
voltage motor starting schemes and analysis, hazardous area
classification and lightning protection
- Proven effectiveness at trouble shooting electrical issues,
identify problem components and interfaces, and execute effective
and efficient solutions to restore critical and needed plant
- General expertise in large high voltage motors and related
control systems preferred
- Proven experience in Root Cause Analysis, Cause and Effect or
- Proven experience and knowledge of predictive maintenance
methodologies and technologies
- Proven understanding of regulatory and industry standards and
- Experience with CMMS systems required, SAP PM preferred
- Electrical Engineering degree required. Professional
qualifications and licensing preferred
- Six Sigma qualification a plus
- Commissioning and startup experience preferred
- Working knowledge of;
- National Electrical Code, NFPA 70.
- National Electrical Testing Assoc., NETA, Maintenance Testing
- Standard for Electrical Safety, NFPA 70E
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Bethlehem , Sr. Regional Electrical Engineer, Other , Stewartsville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!