Service Excellence Manager - Belvidere
Company: Valley National Bancorp
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Under the direction of the Market Manager, the Service
Excellence Manager provides branch staff with oversight, works with
branch staff to ensure compliance and adherence to all Bank
policies while providing an outstanding customer experience. Leads
by example in bank product knowledge, sales and customer support.
Provides a supportive work environment and guidance to branch staff
to meet product sales goals and service standards.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Achieve and maintain a high level of customer service and
satisfaction, individually and collectively within the branch.
Provides quality customer service through personal contact with
customers and prospects in adherence with company policy including,
handling customer issues in person or over the phone in researching
and resolving issues.
- Build and promote branch identity, drive product sales and
promote overall ownership and accountability for improving customer
experience and branch success. Create a welcoming atmosphere that
ensures continuous client engagement.
- Meets with customers to analyze financial needs and maximize
sales opportunities. Offers all bank products and assists with
other service needs (account opening & maintenance and processing
transactions) for existing and prospective customers. Comprehensive
knowledge of all Bank products and services and the ability to
discuss and demonstrate with customers.
- Ability to perform all transactions required by a customer and
use appropriate technology to provide services most effectively and
efficiently. Maintain and balance a cash box. Ability to utilize
technology such as Teller Scanning Equipment, Cash Recycling and
Cash Dispensing machines and support customers in the use of Coin
- Act as Vault Teller ensuring adequacy of Branch cash for daily
transactions by assisting the branch staff in ordering and shipping
currency & coin and controlling & distributing cash to Tellers in
- Participates and supports CRA initiatives, activities and
- Reviews and approves requests - to include approval to cash
large checks, authorizing bank checks or general ledger tickets,
and the approval of various reports, paperwork and cash
- Works to meet existing branch performance standards in areas
such as controllable operating losses through compliance with
established Bank policies and procedures.
- Continues to build proficiency of banking principles and
techniques by attending internal training, external training,
and completion of continuing education courses.
- Collaborates with the Market Manager by providing feedback
regarding interviews, hiring, performance appraisals and
disciplinary actions for the staff.
- Assists in community events (i.e. Habitat for Humanity) etc.
Participates in and supports CRA initiatives, activities and
- Maintains knowledge and compliance with the Bank's Code of
Conduct and all policies and procedures.
- Participate in, help develop and organize in-branch sales
- Meet individual in-branch sales goals.
- Build and expand customer relationships to maintain deposit
base and grow the branch.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and delegate and follow up on
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations.
- Must have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal
- An enthusiastic individual who can listen to customer concerns
and offer a unique and innovative solution.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Basic PC skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and
- Must be self-driven with a positive outlook and can to
demonstrate confidence, tact, patience, and diplomacy while dealing
- High School diploma or GED and minimum of 5 years related
Branch Banking experience in sales, operations and staff
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
Keywords: Valley National Bancorp, Bethlehem , Service Excellence Manager - Belvidere, Other , Belvidere, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!