**Working Location: PENNSYLVANIA, CENTER VALLEY**
Are you looking for a company that cares about people's lives
and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people's
lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day.
**_Let's inspire healthier lives, together._**
The Senior Account I works under minimal guidance to manage the
control posting and maintenance of various subsidiary ledgers on a
daily basis as well as preparation of financial statements account
analysis and assisting in monthly accounting close including
general ledger entry preparation. The position requires complete
understanding of principles and standards and will ensure
consistent application of accounting policies across all business
units while applying J-SOX controls as documented.
* Analyzes and challenges various internal control matters as
they pertain to financial accounting and reporting.
* Responsible for reviewing the accuracy of various Balance
Sheet reconciliations to be provided by staff accountants.
* Leads monthly closing process by preparing uploading and
posting journal entries.
* Prepares various general ledger account analyses and
reconciliations by reviewing transactions within the general ledger
to ensure accurate activity within the account.
* Provides transaction backup and responds to questions from
external auditors as required on various audit analyses.
* Provides feedback to Group financial personnel on monthly
Revenue Gross Margin and Operating Expense Reports to ensure
highest quality integrity of data and an understanding of
* Supports various Business Groups with accounting and financial
systems research. Also provides other Groups with accounting and
operational process data and proposes solutions as requested.
* Ensuring control documentations are complete and appropriately
reflects the business processes.
* Working with IAD/EY to support control testing and facilitate
remediation of deficiencies. Will be responsible for J-Sox
documentation coordinating audit procedures with internal and
external auditors for all of OCA including management of overall
* Perform other essential duties as directed.
* Bachelor's degree in accounting is required. CPA and/or MBA
* Minimum 5 years of related business/accounting/finance
experience is required.
* Comprehensive knowledge of business operations accounting, and
IT systems is a must.
* Strong PC Skills (Excel PowerPoint Word).
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Focus on prioritization skills as well as organization.
* Ability to multi-task and attention to detail are
**_We realize work isn't just a job to you._**
It's a big part of your life, but not the only part. That's why
we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual
bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as
tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption
leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks - so you
can be ready for where life can take you.
Olympus is passionate about the solutions it creates for the
medical, life sciences, and industrial equipment industries, as
well as cameras and audio products. For more than 100 years,
Olympus has focused on making people's lives healthier, safer and
more fulfilling by helping detect, prevent, and treat disease,
furthering scientific research, ensuring public safety, and
capturing images of the world.
Olympus Corporation of the Americas, a wholly owned subsidiary
of Olympus Corporation, is headquartered in Center Valley,
Pennsylvania, USA, and employs more than 5,500 employees throughout
locations in North and South America. For more information, visit
**Olympus...True to You. True to Society. True to LIFE.**
It is the policy of Olympus to extend equal employment and
advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without
regard to race, color, national origin (including language use
restrictions), citizenship status, religious creed (including dress
and grooming practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth
and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression,
sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental)
and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran
status or service in the uniformed services, and any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local
Posting Notes: || United States (US) || Pennsylvania (US-PA) ||
Center Valley ||