LCSW Social Worker (Home Health)
Company: LHC Group, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Social Worker (MSW) in Home Health assists patients and
families in coping with problems resulting from severe or long-term
illness, and with difficulties in recovery and rehabilitation. The
Social Worker (MSW) will assess, diagnose, and treat patient's
mental and social conditions, counsel individuals and-or families,
and update case records. The licensed social worker with a master's
degree performs these functions under the supervision of the
licensed master's degreed social worker.
Easton Home Health Services,
a part of LHC Group.
is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians
and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to
long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver
high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage
their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the
country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered
care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose
LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose:
It's all about helping people.
Education & Experience
- Assists the patient, significant others, physician, and health
care team staff to understand significant personal, emotional,
environmental, and social factors and difficulties related to the
patient's health problems; which interfere with maximizing the
benefit of medical services and the plan of care.
- Contributes as a health care team member to the development of
comprehensive, integrated treatment plans for patients.
- Instructs health care team members on community resources
available to assist patients.
- Plans for continuity of care with hospitals and community
- Assesses and treats social and emotional factors related to
patient's illness to determine ability to cope with daily living
- Assists the patient and significant others to understand,
accept, follow, and implement medical recommendations.
- Assists the patient and significant others in utilizing
community resources which will help the patient to achieve and
maintain optimal functioning.
- Identifies gaps in community resources and stimulates resource
development and/or improvement.
- Visits patient according to Plan of Treatment; completes a
progress note for each visit; and submits progress notes to the
agency on an at least weekly basis.
- Participates in staff conferences and committees as
- Provides in-service to agency staff as needed
- Sends the physician a written summary report on patient's
condition at least every 60 days
- All other duties as assigned
- Master's Degree from a school of Social Work accredited by the
Council of Social Work Education.
- One year of social work experience in a healthcare
- Current CPR certification.
- Current driver's license, vehicle insurance, and access to a
dependable vehicle or public transportation.
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that
its all about helping people, and we live by those words today. Its
our mission to provide exceptional care and unparalleled service to
patients and families who have placed their trust in us. We grow to
fulfill this mission. When you become part of the LHC Group family,
youre choosing a career path that will challenge you to grow both
personally and professionally.
Every day, all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping
people. There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder,
helping the patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We
do this because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we
exist. Its our purpose.
Keywords: LHC Group, Inc., Bethlehem , LCSW Social Worker (Home Health), Other , easton, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!