Benefits Specialist (Finance)
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Benefits Specialist (Finance)
You will play a key role on the HR Benefits Operations team,
supporting us in delivering health and welfare benefit plans that
attract and retain talented professionals. You will be responsible
for helping to manage and promote the Company's health and welfare
plans for medical, prescription drugs, dental, vision, accident
insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, spending accounts,
and other voluntary benefits and wellness initiatives. You will
work closely with the Benefit Operations team to ensure the
Company's health, welfare and wellness plans meet colleague needs,
are effectively managed and communicated, and comply with all
- Lead the coordination and execution of annual benefit events
(e.g., benefit fairs, vendor educational webinars, wellness
- Lead day-to-day delivery of wellness offerings and initiatives
by communicating to colleagues for increased acceptance ratings of
- Assist and oversee vendor relationships and monitor performance
- Respond to and identifies root cause and trends of escalated
claim issues, enrollment questions, and complaints, internally and
- Support the evaluation and comparison of existing company
benefits, by requesting standard benefit plan guidelines,
recommendations and benchmarks from our vendors and health care
- Gather benefit program data and identifies ways to measure and
evaluate program effectiveness, utilization, engagement, and
- Act as an Annual Enrollment project team member to support
Annual Enrollment tasks and deliverables, including participating
in systems testing, preparing presentations and facilitating annual
enrollment meetings, training internal teams on benefit changes,
providing input on communications and reviewing the Business
- Update benefit documents/materials for compliance and plan
- Participate in benefit surveys and audits, and prepares annual
plan filings and notices required by law (e.g., Dependent Care FSA
nondiscrimination testing, 5500 Filing, Medicare Part D Creditable
Coverage) to ensure the Company satisfies the reporting and
disclosure requirements to remain compliant with the Affordable
Care Act (ACA), Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA),
Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) and other
- Review and research colleague administrative appeals, prepare
and present the findings to the Benefits Appeal Committee, and
respond to colleagues with the determination
Click here to access Our Ways of Working Resource Guide pages 6-8
for guidance in identifying competencies relevant to this role.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 to 5 years related work experience, preferably in health and
- Strong customer service orientation
- Working knowledge of benefit plan design, policies and
- Knowledge of the ACA, ERISA, and applicable IRS regulations
related to health and welfare plans
- Workday Benefits Administration module expertise a plus
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products,
including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Bethlehem, PA; New York, NY; Holmdel, NJ
Off Campus Remote work until employees return to the office
(anticipated Summer of 2021)
Through skill-building, leadership development and philanthropic
opportunities, we provide opportunities to build communities and
grow your career, surrounded by diverse colleagues with high
- Meaningful and challenging work opportunities to accelerate
innovation in a secure and compliant way.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Excellent medical, dental, supplemental health, life and vision
coverage for you and your dependents with no wait period.
- Life and disability insurance.
- A great 401(k) with company match.
- Tuition assistance, paid parental leave and backup family
- Dynamic, modern work environments that promote collaboration
and creativity to develop and empower talent.
- Flexible time off, dress code, and work location policies to
balance your work and life in the ways that suit you best.
- Employee Resource Groups that advocate for inclusion and
diversity in all that we do.
- Social responsibility in all aspects of our work. We volunteer
within our local communities, create educational alliances with
colleges, drive a variety of initiatives in sustainability.
Guardian has been helping people protect their futures and secure
their lives for more than 160 years. Every day, we serve
approximately 29 million people through a range of insurance and
financial products. As one of the largest mutual insurance
companies, we know what matters most: putting the needs of our
customers first. Because everyone deserves a Guardian. Learn more
about Guardian at guardianlife.com
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will be considered for employment without regard to age, race,
color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation,
national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or
veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable
Copyright 2019 The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, New
Keywords: Guardian, Bethlehem , Benefits Specialist (Finance), Other , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!