Director, Life Underwriting
Company: Guardian Life
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Do you want to be part of a collaborative Underwriting team? Do
you possess superior risk selection knowledge and expertise, with
the ability to lead and inspire others? Are you an experienced
individual life underwriter with excellent medical and financial
underwriting skills? Are you able to build strong relationships
with field leaders and producers with the ability to make tough
calls, deliver difficult messages effectively and influence
behavior while maintaining respect and enabling on-going dialogue?
Do you think big and grow, accelerate impact and lead change? Is a
culture where "People Count," "We Do the Right Thing," and "We Hold
Ourselves to Very High Standards" important to you? If so, Guardian
is seeking a Director of Life Underwriting.
As Director, Life Underwriting, you will use your expertise to
coach and mentor less experienced colleagues. You will work in
partnership with our field force to enable producers to place
complex cases. You will be part of a collaborative underwriting
team striving to reimagine how we do business.
An experienced underwriting professional who is a strong leader,
develops collaborative professional relationships with producers,
and gains satisfaction from mentoring and developing others.
- 15 years of life underwriting experience
- 5 years in an underwriting management role
- Experience handling large face amount cases with an approval
authority of $10 million plus
- Working knowledge of reinsurance treaties and arrangements
including the application of autobind and jumbo limits
- The ability to accelerate impact and lead change
- Develop, coach, and manage underwriting staff
- Underwrite large face amount and complex cases
- Act as a go to person and problem solver for our producers
- Participate in the formulation of underwriting policy,
practices and procedures
- Identify, plan and implement technology enhancements related to
the underwriting process
- Bethlehem, PA with work from home flexibility
- Through skill-building, leadership development and
philanthropic opportunities, we provide opportunities to build
communities and grow your career, surrounded by diverse colleagues
with high ethical standards
- Meaningful and challenging work opportunities to accelerate
innovation in a secure and compliant way.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Excellent medical, dental, supplemental health, life and vision
coverage for you and your dependents with no wait period.
- Life and disability insurance.
- A great 401(k) with company match.
- Tuition assistance, paid parental leave and backup family
- Dynamic, modern work environments that promote collaboration
and creativity to develop and empower talent.
- Flexible time off, dress code, and work location policies to
balance your work and life in the ways that suit you best.
- Employee Resource Groups that advocate for inclusion and
diversity in all that we do.
- Social responsibility in all aspects of our work. We volunteer
within our local communities, create educational alliances with
colleges, drive a variety of initiatives in sustainability.
Guardian has been helping people protect their futures and
secure their lives for 160 years. Every day, we serve approximately
29 million people through a range of insurance and financial
products. We help people and their families pursue financial
security and well-being in life, health, and wealth. We help
companies take care of their employees. And we help people recover
and thrive after unexpected loss.
From our founding in 1860, when a community of immigrants joined
together to insure and protect their businesses and families, doing
the right thing for our policyholders and customers has guided
everything we do. Our dedication to customers has helped us remain
one of the most highly rated in client satisfaction and financial
strength. And as one of the largest mutual insurance companies, we
know what matters most: putting the needs of our customers first.
Because everyone deserves a Guardian. Learn more about Guardian at
Copyright 2020 The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America,
New York, NY
Equal Employment Opportunity
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age,
race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual
orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability,
military or veteran status, or any other classification protected
by applicable law.
Keywords: Guardian Life, Bethlehem , Director, Life Underwriting, Other , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!