Project Engineer I
Company: Summit Design and Engineering Services
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, life, short
term and long term disability insurance, HSA, medical and dependent
care FSAs, 401(k), service awards, paid vacation, sick and holiday
time, paid voluntary/community service leave, wellness program
including wellness stipend, student loan repayment assistance, and
Summit Design and Engineering Services is seeking an experienced
Project Engineer I for our Land Development Department in South
Boston, VA. The successful candidate will be a registered
professional with a minimum of 7 years of experience and the
ability to manage project deadlines, establish and maintain client
relationships, and inspire a high level of performance from the
team. This position can be based in Richmond, South Boston or
- Analyze and designs civil engineering land development
components under direct supervision of the Project Manager.
- Ensure that all steps and procedures are followed throughout
the local jurisdictional requirements.
- Provide design calculations, technical reports, permit
applications and plan sets for storm drainage, sanitary sewer
mains, storm water control facilities, pressure networks, mass and
fine grading, sediment and erosion control, and roadways.
- Write and assemble quality design reports.
- Manage deadlines for on-time submittals to maintain the overall
- Supervise construction administration related duties such as
meetings, site visits, responses to RFIs, and review of shop
- Actively assists in the Quality Control throughout the
- Interface with clients as required including periodically
- Inspire high level of performance from the team.
- Establish and maintain client relationships.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering and a minimum of five
years of Land Development experience.
- Registered Professional License.
- Knowledge of Civil3D and associated design and modeling
- Advanced knowledge of Civil Engineering design requirements and
- Effective constructive and cooperative working relationships
- Working knowledge of various computer programs including Civil
3D, AutoCAD, MS Office.
- Ability to read and interpret technical information.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as on teams.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to manage and grow key relationships with clients and
to market the Firm's services to clients.
- Ability to stand and walk on job sites as needed for job.
- Driver's license required and ability to drive a company or
Summit Design and Engineering Services is a multi-disciplined
design and engineering services firm. Since 1997, Summit's success,
tradition of service and expansion into new fields of practice have
been based on our commitment to help our clients successfully
complete projects of all types. We are headquartered in
Hillsborough, North Carolina, with other offices in Raleigh,
Asheville, Fayetteville, Pittsboro, Charlotte, and Wilmington.
Summit also has offices in Richmond, Franklin and South Boston,
Virginia, Fort Mill, South Carolina and St. Petersburg, Florida.
For the past six years we have been named one of the fastest
growing companies in the Research Triangle area.
Why Work for Summit?
We foster a caring and collaborative work environment that also
encourages commitment to the communities that we serve, our
employees and clients will succeed together. We strive to be
integral to the success of the communities we build. We maintain a
close-knit team culture where we measure our success by the success
of our people and clients. We can help you take your career to the
Criminal and driving background will be performed and must
be in good standing. Summit Design and Engineering is an Equal
opportunity employer/affirmative action. E-verify
Keywords: Summit Design and Engineering Services, Bethlehem , Project Engineer I, Other , hampton, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!