Heavy and Highway Laborer (Paving & Pipe Crew)
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Blooming Glen Contractors, Inc.
H&K does not discriminate in employment opportunities or
practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national
origin, age, disability, veterans' status, or any other
characteristic protected by law. We are always looking for the
best, most qualified people to join our team.
Pre-employment drug testing (EOE)
Great Benefits offered!
Job ID: 2020-1229
Job Type: Regular Full-Time
Blooming Glen Contractors, a partner with The H&K Group, Inc.
is currently seeking an experienced and motivated Laborer to become
a part of our team. Usually performing their duties in a utility
capacity, the Laborer position entails working on construction
projects, often transferring from one task to another whenever the
situation requires. If you meet the job requirements outlined
below, Blooming Glen Contractors would be happy to consider you for
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Acquires tools needed for daily operations
- Measures distances from grade stakes, drives stakes, and
stretches tight line.
- Bolts, nails, aligns, and blocks up under forms.
- Signals operators of construction equipment to facilitate
alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery to conform to
- Levels earth to fine grade specifications.
- Mixes concrete. Smoothes and finishes freshly poured cement or
- Positions, joins, aligns, and seals pipe sections.
- Erects scaffolding, shoring, and braces.
- Assists with pre-run markings
- Uses a paving lute to fine grade before roller man
- Operates vibratory plate as needed
- Shovels asphalt as required
- Direct traffic around work area as required
- Gets tools needed for daily operations
- Gets job set up for daily function such as setting up a pipe
- Operates a Wacker and jumping jack to perform backfilling
- Uses cut saws to make pipe proper length
- Preps pipe for connection before pipe gets lowered
- Shoots grades and checks grades using laser or conventional
- Performs connection of pipe work
- Responsible for checking for proper pipe slope
- Preps structures for installation
H&K provides complete heavy civil contracting and construction
materials solutions with safety, speed, quality, efficiency and
value. Beginning as a small family business a half century ago, we
are now a dynamic group of vertically integrated companies that has
been growing and prospering for 50 years.
Thank you for your interest in employment with us. At H&K, we
invest in our people, providing the essential training, instruction
and supervisory support that they need to develop and grow within
our company. We acknowledge that H&K's strength and success is
directly related to our employees and the talents, dedication and
job performance they exemplify. We seek dynamic, motivated people
who are driven to make a difference.
Keywords: jtpostmaster, Bethlehem , Heavy and Highway Laborer (Paving & Pipe Crew), Other , Perkasie, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!