Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: November 16, 2020
Responsible for the repair, testing and calibration of clinical
equipment, devices, instruments and systems. Inspect, install and
provide scheduled maintenance of clinical equipment. Supports
clinical equipment, medical staff, technicians, and administrators
with technical assistance and advice. Performs skilled tasks in the
areas of Biomedical Equipment Technology and general maintenance.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have and maintain ACI (or current credential)
certification as a CBET, CRES, CLES or attainment within one year
of hire date.
- Dialysis experience preferred. (While nice not a deal
- Must have a valid drivers license, satisfactory motor vehicle
report and show proof of valid car insurance.
- Willing to drive to various Network locations.
Associates, bachelors degree or military equivalent program in
Biomedical Engineering / Electronics, Electronic Technology or
other related field with a minimum of four years experience in the
repair and maintenance of medical equipment. An equivalent
combination of education and experience may be substituted if
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
- Follows hospital and departmental policies and
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled (PM) Maintenance on Clinical
- Installs and calibrates Clinical Equipment.
- Provides Clinical Equipment pre-purchase and contract
- Provides clinical support and training in proper equipment
operation to staff.
- Assumes duties of Senior Biomed in his/her absence.
- Complies with the hospitals Corporate Compliance Program
including, but not limited to, the Code of Conduct, laws and
regulations, and hospital policies and procedures.
- Must be free from governmental sanctions involving health care
and/or financial practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Education: Minimum of Associates degree in Bio-Medical
Electronics from an accredited institution.
- Experience: Minimum of five years in Bio-Med Equipment repair
and patient care systems.
- Must have precise eye/hand control, excellent finger dexterity,
ability to calibrate equipment, computer data input-extract and
ability to work in delicate areas with precise
- Must be able to communicate with interior/exterior customers
for equipment purchases and training.
- Must be able to lift over 50 pounds, work in restricted and
congested areas, work kneeling, stooping, and standing for extended
- Must be able to calculate equations using formulas to determine
required power, troubleshoot, analyze and evaluate problems with
- Must have sufficient vision, hearing, and speaking to perform
- Must have a valid driver's license and willing to drive to
various Network locations.
- Must have mechanical and electrical knowledge. Knowledge of
electronic theory, technology and test equipment. Knowledge of
Anatomy and Physiology and Medical Terminology as it relates to
clinical equipment. Basic knowledge of computers, servers, networks
and Windows operating systems.
Applicants are subject to complete background search, motor vehicle
records check, and drug screening before hire.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US without Visa
Keywords: Job Juncture, Bethlehem , Bmet Iii, Other , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!