Direct Support Professional (DSP)
Company: Community Services Group
Posted on: October 14, 2020
Join Community Services Group (CSG), a Certified B Corporation,
as a Direct Support Professional (DSP) for our Adult Intellectual &
Developmental Disabilities (IDD) Services in the Lehigh Valley and
find meaning in your work every day.
As a Direct Support Professional (DSP), you will develop
relationships with individuals with an intellectual and/or
developmental disability where they live, work, or in other
community settings, in order to promote their emotional, physical
and personal well-being. You will have the opportunity to:
- Support the civil and human rights of individuals with
disabilities while upholding and promoting those rights.
- Assist individuals in the development of appropriate life
skills necessary to reach their highest level of potential
including interaction with others, cooking, housekeeping, money
management, personal hygiene, etc.
- Support the individuals' preferences and ensures their
interests are honored.
- Actively search for opportunities for individuals to experience
life in their homes and/or communities as others without
- Facilitate life in the community through activities based on
the hobbies and interests of those you will support.
- Help individuals reach their goals to be more independent by
offering guidance, instruction, and role modeling.
- Be the Heart and Soul of our IDD Services.
This position offers:
- $12.00 per hour.
- An incentive bonus:
- $160 per pay period for staff working 30 plus hrs/wk.
- $70 per pay period for staff working up to 29.75 hrs/wk.
- Full-Time, Part-Time & Flexible schedules - 1st, 2nd & 3rd
shifts. 2nd & 3rd shifts include weekend hours.
- Locations in Bethlehem, Allentown, Emmaus, Schnecksville, Wind
Gapand other locations across Lehigh and Northampton Counties.
This position also offers:
- Variety in terms of daily routine and tasks with the
opportunity for growth in your skills and understanding of
- Extensive paid training with an assigned Mentor that you can
use in all aspects of your life.
- Career Development Opportunities through ongoing focused
training and development.
- Autonomy to make decisions within a stable work environment
while being supported by your team and your leadership.
- Up-to-date, user friendly technology and in-house IT
CSG offers including:
- Medical, Dental, Prescription, Vision & Life Insurance -
Available for employees, spouses and domestic partners who
- Generous Paid Time Off & Other Paid Leave.
- Wellness Programs and Reimbursement.
- 401K with employer match, Tuition Assistance & More!
Health Insurance & Benefits availability will vary.
- 18 or older.
- High school diploma or equivalency or the desire to assist
individuals to live life to its fullest.
- Willingness to accompany individuals into the community and
provide support and assistance in interactions while maintaining
sensitivity to the rights and dignity of the individual.
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet individual's and
- Valid driver's license and the willingness to transport
individuals within the community in personal or CSG vehicles,
including passenger vans.
- Be able to provide criminal background checks that were
completed within the last year.
Successful DSPs at CSG are:
- Patient, compassionate, reliable, attentive, creative,
flexible, understanding and open-minded.
- Committed to and advocate for the individuals we
- Team players who are able to work well with others while being
- Able to celebrate small successes while working towards long
Become a valued member of the CSG Team and make an impact in
someone else's life, while also making a difference in your own.
Together, we are a force for good!
Like other healthcare organizations, we provide essential services
to individuals and we will continue to serve and to hire during the
COVID-19 pandemic while providing a safe and stable work
environment for our team.
To APPLY or learn more about this and all open positions at CSG,
please visit and click on Join our Team!
Community Services Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer supporting Workforce Diversity.
Keywords: Community Services Group, Bethlehem , Direct Support Professional (DSP), Other , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!