Mobile Trailer Mechanic- 1 yr EXP Req'd
Company: J.B. Hunt
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Under general supervision, this position acts as a subject
matter expert for Mobile Technicians. The Senior is responsible for
performing complex maintenance, service, and repair of J.B. Hunt
trailers, containers, chassis and power equipment at a customer
site or rail yard using a mobile service truck. Technicians must be
able to troubleshoot, diagnose, and complete all fleet maintenance
processes and ensure that units meet J. B. Hunt specifications at
all times. This position has the possibility to work outdoors, in
the elements, or across multiple shifts including nights and/or
Come join a team where family comes first and safety matters!
$21 - $33 / hour
$150 Yearly Boot Allowance!
40 hour guaranteed!
10% shift differential!
Our Bethlehem location has been accident free for over 3 years! Win
a yearly monetary award!
Employee assistance program
Vacation, Sick, & Personal time
Paid Parental Leave
Medical, Dental and Vision
Be proud to come to work in a clean professional environment with
vast opportunities for growth and advancement!!
Basic tools are required to successfully perform this role. These
tools must be supplied by the employee in most locations. Employees
without their own tools may obtain them through toolbox purchase
No roadside repairs - set shift schedule - No on call work!
Applicants can be considered for I, II, or Sr. level Mobile Trailer
Technician depending on verified years of experience and position
- Perform complex diagnostics, troubleshooting and preventive
maintenance tasks to include, but not limited to, tire
replacements/flat repairs, brake adjustments/services/replacements,
electrical diagnostics, basic structural repairs on trailer
chassis, sub-frames, etc.
- Perform annual AA Trailer and FHWA Brake Inspections sign
- Patch holes in trailer/container side panels and roofs ensuring
all holes are sealed and watertight.
- Understand and demonstrate the proficient use of a cutting
torch and welding equipment and perform mid-level repairs on
chassis, frames, brackets, etc.
- Properly document damage to company equipment to allow
subrogation of repair costs Accurately complete work orders and
other written materials according to established
- Operate assigned service truck in a professional manner and
according to company requirements; keep unit clean and well
- Follow all safety requirements while at a customer or rail
- May onboard and mentor new Tractor Technician trainees; act as
team lead to include beginning or ending shifts; delegate work to
team members to see repairs to completion.
- Properly attend to service truck parts inventory.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair ABS system and specialized
equipment including refrigerated units, lift gates, and frame
- Oversee recall campaigns and sign off on completion.
- 18 years of age for equipment up to 10,000 pounds or 21 years
of age for equipment over 10,000 pounds .
- 2-3 years of experience in Semi-Tractor/Trailer maintenance and
repair and/or training , or equivalent combination of education and
- At least 1-year of experience in Federal highway inspections
and air brakes .
- Illustrate a clean motor vehicle record as per JB Hunt
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent .
- 3-4 years of experience in Semi-Trailer maintenance and repair
and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and
- Commercial Driver ' s License .
- DOT certified in FHWA Inspections & Air Brakes .
- Welding certification .
- Forklift certification and experience .
- EPA section 608 certification and Refrigeration License
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal)
- Ability to fulfill physical requirements (lift/move appliance
up to 50 pounds) .
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to read documents and/or information in
- Ability to wear appropriate work attire (protective gear/PPE)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a
- Advanced active listening skills .
- Advanced computer skills .
- Advanced deductive reasoning skills .
- Advanced inventory management skills .
- Advanced organizational skills .
- Advanced problem-solving skills .
- Advanced time management skills .
- Customer Service Skills may be the face of account/ramp
Associated topics: business, commercial, lead, manager, manager ii,
manager iii, manager iv, office manager, resident, senior care
Keywords: J.B. Hunt, Bethlehem , Mobile Trailer Mechanic- 1 yr EXP Req'd, IT / Software / Systems , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!