NOC Technician - 3rd Shift
Company: Astound Broadband Powered by RCN
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Are you a night owl? Astound Broadband is looking for the right
person to join the overnight shift to support the vital mission of
our 24/7 Network Operations Center in Bethlehem, PA. We offer
competitive pay plus night/weekend shift differentialand 10-hour
shifts with the same schedule every week.
We're Proud to Offer an Astounding Benefits Package Including:
- Rewards: Competitive compensation plan & night/weekend shift
- Entertainment: Free internet/video/phone service if you reside
in an Astound serviceable area
- Retirement: 401k with employer match and immediate vesting
- Family: Paid parental leave and insurance benefits
- Professional Development: Paid training & tuition reimbursement
- Leisure and Fun: Employee discount program
- Live YOUR Life: 10-hour shifts with the same schedule every
week & generous paid time off plansImpact: Established, yet
growing, organization where you can make a real impact!
The primary position responsibilities will include, but are not
- Monitoring and event management of a national voice, data and
video network and Tier I triage and technical
support/troubleshooting of related network elements, such as: DWDM,
circuit and packet switching, Frame Relay, T1, T3, SONET equipment,
VoIP, GPON, microwave, fiber multiplexers, optical equipment,
routers and customer premise devices.
- Work closely with IP network, Switch and Fiber Transport
engineers as well as Field Technicians and Outside Plant
- Utilize a number of different network monitoring tools and
element management systems to detect and resolve service impacting
events as soon as possible.
- Primary point of contact for other Network Operations Centers.
- Open and work technical support tickets for service impacting
events involving 3rd party support vendors.
- Act as liaison and provide a high level internal and external
- Set up and manage outage/repair bridges to restore service back
to normal operating conditions as soon as possible.
- Engage and escalate to appropriate parties when needed.
- Process equipment return and analysis request for failed
hardware [RMA], including writing/documenting Reason For Outage
Reports [RFO] as requested
- Maintain and comply with standard Company technical and
- Answer inbound calls and open, update, close tickets for
customer impacting events, outages and maintenances. This includes
fully documenting ticket notes and closing tickets with Reason For
- Compose and send FLASH notifications, alerts and emails
informing wide audiences (including executives) of network outages,
jeopardies and other service impacting events.
- Other NOC related duties as assigned, or requested by
Our Astounding candidate will possess:
- Knowlege of Cisco/Juniper/Telco Systems/Ciena/ADVA/Mikrotik
Router and or Switches, Microwave Radios such as Cambium/ NEC
iPASOLINK/Bridgewave/SIAE Alfoplus/Ubiquiti AF24/Powerbeam,
CBR/UBR/Casa/Arris cable modem termination system or CMTS , Telecom
Switches manufactured by Northern Telecom DMS, Metaswitch, and
Calix Gpon services. Video Devices manufactured by companies such
as Motorola, Pace, Arris, TiVo; Digital Addressable Controllers
(DAC), and other related gear associated with delivering Video and
Telecommunication Services. Familiarity with third party portal
access such as Equinix, Verizon, Juniper, Cisco, Lumen, Netflix
Google Ciena ETC
- Working knowledge of Windows OS and strong Microsoft Office
skills including Word, Excel, etc.
- Familiarity with Google GSuite applications including Gmail,
Chat, Calendar, Meet, etc.
- Experience with Incident Management ticketing systems such as
Request Tracker (RT), or Service Now.
- Familiarity with, and experience using Network Management
monitoring Systems [NMS] such as IBM Tivoli/Netcool, Cacti, SevOne,
etc. or equivalent NMS systems.
- Ability to accommodate irregular scheduling to support business
operations when required. Sound computing skills. Developed oral
and written communications ability across all platforms including
phone, email, instant message, text, video meetings, etc. Capable
of reading and writing clear, concise technical reports and
letters. Good negotiation and listening skills. Ability to
prioritize and organize proficiently in fast paced environment.
Reliable, Punctual, Dependable. Creative problem solving abilities.
Ability to effectively manage to deadlines. Comfortable interfacing
with all levels of organizational managementRequired Education
- High School Diploma or equivalant
- Technical degree, relevant certifications or equivalent work
- Knowlege of ITIL best practices including Monitoring & Event
Management, Incident Management, Change Management, and Problem
Management processes helpfulIs this the career opportunity you've
been searching for? Yes? Then let us know about you - apply
Our Mission Statement:
- Take care of our customers
- Take care of each other
- Do what we say we are going to do
- Have funDiverse Workforce / EEO:Astound Broadband is proud to
be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace, support, and thrive
on each other's differences to maximize the experience of our
teammates and our community. We are committed to providing an
environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities
are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth,
lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age,
physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including
characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any
other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- High School or betterPreferred
- Technical/other training or betterLicenses &
- Cisco CCNASkillsPreferred
- Written Communication
- Verbal Communication
- Microsoft Office
- Google G-SuiteEqual Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Astound Broadband Powered by RCN, Bethlehem , NOC Technician - 3rd Shift, IT / Software / Systems , Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!